Cloning an Imagine Math 3+ pathway allows you to modify an existing pathway by:
- changing the order in which a student receives the lessons in the pathway
- adding lessons to the pathway
- removing lessons from the pathway
- changing the pathway options.
Both Imagine Math-created pathways and custom pathways can be cloned. Once you have cloned a pathway, you must then assign it to your students.
Section 1:01 to 4:34 of the video below explains the difference between creating a custom pathway and cloning a pathway and shows how to do both. Clone a pathway when you want to make minor changes to an existing pathway; create a custom pathway to make a completely unique set of lessons from scratch.
District Administrators and Customer Administrators can clone pathways for their organization. School Administrators can clone pathways for their building, and Teachers can clone pathways for students who are assigned to them. Therefore, if you want a pathway to be accessible by more than one teacher, be sure to have an administrator clone the pathway.
To clone a pathway:
- Log in to Imagine Math.
- In the Content section of the navigation sidebar, select Learning Pathways. The Pathways screen appears.
- Look in the Created by Imagine Math or Custom tabs and click Clone for the pathway you wish to replicate.
- Type the name of your cloned pathway and click Save.
- Receive a confirmation message.
- In the Edit Pathway window, select a Grade Level and choose your preferred Pathway Options.
- Scroll down to view the lessons included in the cloned pathway.
- Click the red X to remove lessons from the Selected Lessons column. Click the green plus sign to move lessons to the Selected Lessons column. If needed, you can select lessons from multiple grade levels by changing the grade level in the filter. Once you have selected all the lessons you want, use the triple bar icon () to drag and drop the lessons in the order you wish them to be presented to students, then click Save at the top of the list of lessons.
To preview the content of a lesson to decide if you want to include it in your custom pathway, use the Lesson Explorer.
- You'll see a message at the top of the screen saying that you've successfully updated the pathway.
- The pathway is now stored under Content > Learning Pathways > Custom.
- Assign the pathway to students.
Once you have cloned a pathway, you will have access to it as long as your Imagine Math account remains active. Student data from pathways is removed during the rollover process at the end of the school year, but the pathway will remain for you to assign to new students in the new academic year.