Pathways are series of lessons in Imagine Math. Although pathways are auto-assigned, educators have the option to manually replace the student's pathway with another Imagine Math-created pathway or a custom pathway. This is called switching a student's pathway.
You can only switch the pathway of a student who is enrolled in a single pathway.
Once switched to a new pathway, the student's previous pathway will be labeled Withdrawn in the Student Progress Report and can be recovered if needed. While the pathway is Withdrawn, students will no longer be able to work in it, but data from any lessons completed will be available in the Imagine Math 3+ reports. Students also retain any THINK Points they earned in the previous pathway.
District Administrators and Customer Administrators can switch pathways of any student in their organization. School Administrators can switch pathways of any student in their school. Teachers can switch pathways of any student assigned to their classrooms. The new pathway will be presented to students the next time they log in.
To switch a student's pathway:
- If you are a District Administrator or Customer Administrator, click Schools in the Management section of the left navigation pane.
Click Classes to the right of the applicable school and then go to step 4.
- If you are a School Administrator or Teacher, click Classrooms in the Management section of the left navigation pane.
- Click Current Students in the class containing the student(s) whose pathway you want to switch. A list of the students in that classroom appears.
- Click the box next to the name of the applicable student(s). Or, if you want to switch the pathway of all students in the class, check the box to the left of the First Name header. Click *Switch Pathway.
Use the Switch Pathway button if you want to replace the existing pathway with a new pathway. Use the Assign Pathway button to assign an additional pathway and keep any remaining pathways.
- Click Created by IM or Custom to choose the type of pathway you would like to assign. Created by IM (created by Imagine Math) is the default and includes Common Core and state pathways. The Custom tab houses manually-created pathways.
- If desired, use the filters to help find the pathway. Click the Grade Level drop-down list to filter pathways by grade level. Click Pathway Type to filter by Common Core or State Standards where they are available
- Click the button next to the pathway that you want to assign.
- At the bottom of the page, click Switch Pathway to assign the pathway to the student(s) you selected.
- Click OK in the pop-up window.
- You'll receive a confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- The new pathway will be listed in the Pathway(s) column.