This article applies to Imagine Math and Imagine Math Facts.
If you are an Administrator or Teacher, you can create classes in Imagine Math. When creating a class, you have the option to restrict students from avatar-building during specific days and hours, allow students to use the built-in calculator, allow Imagine Math to handle pathway enrollments, and enable sound effects.
If your organization uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool, some edits/additions must be made through the SIS rather than in Imagine Math. Check with your district's IT staff if you have questions about which changes can be made manually versus which changes must be sent to Imagine Learning in the sync files.
Before you begin:
- Check with your district to ensure that classes are not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
- Check with your Site Administrator or District Administrator to ensure that your school has already been created and configured in the Imagine Math suite.
- Log in to the Imagine Math portal.
- If you are a School Administrator or Teacher, click Management > Classrooms in the left navigation pane.
District Administrators: Click Management > Schools in the left navigation pane, then click Classes for the applicable school.
Customer Administrators: Click Management > Organizations in the left navigation pane, click Schools by the applicable district, then click Classes for the applicable school.
- Click Create a Class.
- The Create a Class page opens.
If your school or district has purchased both Imagine Math and Imagine Math Facts, you'll see class settings for both products. If your school or district has only purchased one product, you'll only see class settings for the applicable product.
- Enter a name for your class. If you have multiple classes, use names that easily identify each one. (For example, you can use a "subject - period or block" or "teacher name - grade level" naming convention.)
- Optional: If you are creating a class with students in Grade 3 and up, use the drop-down menus to select times that students will be blocked from working on their avatars.
- If your organization purchased Imagine Math: Use the checkboxes to answer the questions about class settings for Imagine Math. Checking the box indicates Yes and leaving the box unchecked means No. The default setting is Yes for all four questions.
Setting Description Allow students in this class to use the built-in calculator?
Allows students to use the built-in calculator for math problems.
Even if you disable the built-in calculator, it will still appear for some items on the Benchmark assessment where it has been deemed necessary by our partner, MetaMetrics.
Allow Imagine Math to manage pathway enrollments?
When this setting is enabled, Imagine Math checks to see if a student's default grade-level pathway has been automatically assigned to them the first time the student enters the classroom. If it hasn't been assigned, Imagine Math automatically assigns the pathway to the student.
If this setting is disabled, Imagine Math doesn't check if the student has a default grade-level pathway and does not make any pathway assignments.
Enable sound effects while students are doing math?
Allows sound effects to play during Imagine Math sessions.
Activates or deactivates the class. Classes that are active are visible to students, and students in those classes can log in to Imagine Math Grade 3+. (For more information, see Activating or deactivating a class.)
- If your organization purchased Imagine Math Facts: Use the checkboxes to answer the questions about class settings for Imagine Math Facts. Checking the box means Yes and leaving the box unchecked means No. The default setting is No for both options.
Setting Description Operation Ordering
Require students to pass an operation with 90% or greater on the post-test before they can move on to the next operation, and specify the order in which students complete different operations. By default, the order of operations is: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
To reorder the operations, click the left or right arrow to move an operation one position to the left or right.
Specifies whether or not to enable Friendly Mode. When Friendly Mode is enabled, most enemies won't attack the student's avatar if they answer a question incorrectly, and if they do attack, the enemies won't cause any damage. We recommend enabling this for your youngest groups of students if you think they might be frightened by the enemy attacks.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a confirmation message and your class will now be listed in the Active Classes portion of the Classes page.