Imagine Learning recommends that students take a practice test before they take a Benchmark or Formative Test. On a practice test, students receive five questions similar to the questions they will see. This provides an opportunity for students to use the tools they will have access to on Benchmark and Formative tests.
To schedule a practice test
- Log in to Imagine Galileo.
- Click Assessment > Test Scheduling > Class Calendar.
- Click Schedule > Test.
- Administrators, confirm where the test will be administered. Use the drop-down lists to make changes. Teachers, skip to step 5.
- Use the Library drop-down list to choose ***Galileo Practice Tests.
- Use the Test drop-down list to choose either Practice 2nd Grade + Test or Practice K-1 Test.
- Choose when students can access the test. You will want to make it available for the amount of time that students have available to take the test. If you make a test available for longer, a student could log into the system, retake the exam, or change their answers. You can add a password for the test. Each student enters the password to take the test online. Select Only Students in the Test Grade Level to disable the test if the test grade level doesn't match the student's grade level.
Assessment scheduling impacts the report results. It is ideal to schedule assessments only for the classes in which students will take the test. Limiting who is scheduled for a test allows for more accurate measuring of participation.
The option to assign tests to only students in the test grade level supports teachers who have mixed grade-level classes.
- Choose the calculator for students to use. If there are state test versions, select Use state test calculator settings.
Imagine Learning recommends allowing students to use tools that they will have access to on the high-stakes tests they will take.
- Enable Text-to-Speech to allow students to hear the instructions read aloud. Teachers can then choose to enable text-to-speech for all students in the class (selected by default) or select individual students, which displays the class roster to select students. Click Update Selections.
- Choose Test Time Limit. If you choose to have a test time limit you can also choose to Allow Pause and the amount of time you want for the test.
- Enable Student Reports to post student scores and/or post student responses. Choose the date and time to post the scores and responses.
Scores may be posted on the first day of a scheduled test. By default, scores post the date and time the test window is scheduled to close.
- Choose any additional settings to apply. Translator translates the test into the student's language of choice. Google translation is used for the test you are scheduling (online testing only).
You should NOT randomize the order of test questions in the following test types: Tests that contain read-aloud test items, Technology Enhanced Early Learning Assessment Series, all College Prep benchmark tests, and Automated Scoring Key (ASK) tests.
- Review all test settings, then click Save Schedule.
- You are returned to the Teacher Dashboard where the new test appears on your calendar.