In order for a student to take either an online or offline test, the test must be scheduled.
Administrators or Test Coordinators will likely choose to schedule tests using the Bulk Scheduler tool and Teachers will schedule tests from the Teacher Dashboard. Once you have scheduled a test, you can edit or delete it. A District Administrator must move Benchmark assessments from a secure test library to the appropriate Community Benchmark Library in order for test users to have access to test results. Instructional Effectiveness benchmark tests should remain in the Imagine Learning delivered library.
To schedule a test
- Log in to Imagine Galileo.
- Click Assessment > Test Scheduling > Class Calendar.
- Click Schedule > Test.
- Administrators, confirm where the test will be administered. Select Class or Intervention Group and use the drop-down lists to make changes. Teachers, skip to step 5.
You can create a new Intervention Group by selecting Create New Intervention Group, Edit, selecting students from the class, then choosing Update Student List.
- Use the drop-down list to choose an Instructor of Record.
- Use the drop-down boxes to choose a Library and Test. Click Preview to preview the test.
An asterisk appears next to Imagine Learning's pre-built formative test that you can schedule for your students.
- Choose when students can access the test. You will only want to make it available for the amount of time that students will have available to take the test. If you make a test available for longer, a student could log into the system, retake the exam, or change their answers. You can add a password for the test. Each student enters the password to take the test online. Select Only Students in the Test Grade Level to disable the test if the test grade level doesn't match the student's grade level.
Assessment scheduling impacts the report results. It is ideal to schedule assessments only for the classes in which students will take the test. Limiting who is scheduled for a test allows for a more accurate measure of participation.
The option to assign tests to only students in the test grade level supports teachers who have mixed grade-level classes.
- Choose the calculator for students to use. If there are state test versions, select Use state test calculator settings.
Imagine Learning recommends allowing students to use tools that they will have access to on the high-stakes tests they will take.
- Enable Text-to-Speech to allow students to hear the instructions read aloud. Teachers can then choose to enable text-to-speech for all students in the class (selected by default) or select individual students, which displays the class roster to select students. Click Update Selections.
- Choose Test Time Limit. If you choose to have a test time limit you can also choose to Allow Pause and the amount of time you want for the test.
- Enable Student Reports to post student scores and/or post student responses. Choose the date and time to post the scores and responses.
Scores may be posted on the first day of a scheduled test. By default, scores post the date and time the test window is scheduled to close.
- Choose any additional settings to apply. Translator translates the test into the student's language of choice. Google translation is used for the test you are scheduling (online testing only).
You should NOT randomize the order of test questions in the following test types: Tests that contain read-aloud test items, Technology Enhanced Early Learning Assessment Series, all College Prep benchmark tests, and Automated Scoring Key (ASK) tests.
- Review all test settings, then click Save Schedule.
- You are returned to the Teacher Dashboard where the new test appears on your calendar.