This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Language & Literacy
- Imagine Español
Groups are required to track individual and collective student performance and usage, and each student must be assigned to at least one group in order for you to view their data.
Usually, assigning students to a group is done as part of the initial rostering process when new student accounts are created, and can be done by teachers or administrators. However, if a student account is created without a group assignment, or a student is removed from all their groups, District Administrators and School Administrators receive a notification on the educator portal and can take the actions described below. This notification is available in Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español.
To assign unassigned students to a group:
- Log in to the Literacy Suite.
- Click Unassigned Active Students.
The screen shot above is from Imagine Language & Literacy. Imagine Español's alert is in a similar location on the right side of the page.
- Use the checkbox to select one or more students and click Assign to Group.
- Depending on your role, select a school (District Administrators) and/or group(s) (District and School Administrators) and then click Add Students to Groups.
- Click the X to close the confirmation message.