By default, the Benchmark 1 Test is enabled for all students. In order for students to take the Benchmark 2 or Benchmark 3 Tests, Educators and School Administrators must first assign the Benchmark 2 or 3 Test to their students. Once you assign a Benchmark 2 or 3 Test to your students, they receive the test the next time they log in to Imagine Math Grade 3+. If your students are working in Imagine Math when a Benchmark Test is assigned to them, they'll receive the test after they finish the question they are working on.
If an Educator or School Administrator invalidated Benchmark 2 or 3 Test results, you must assign a new Benchmark Test to students. If you have reassigned the Benchmark 1 Test to a student, that student automatically receives the Benchmark 1 Test the next time they log in, or after they finish the question they are working on. If you need to, you can unassign the Benchmark 2 or 3 Test.
Imagine Learning recommends that you administer Benchmark Tests at least 90 days apart to give adequate time for student growth.
District Administrators and Customer Administrators cannot access the Benchmark Roster nor can they assign or unassign Benchmark Tests to students.
- Log in to the Math suite.
- Click Management > Benchmark Roster in the navigation pane.
- If you are a School Administrator, use the Teacher, Classroom, and Eligibility filters to find the class that you want to assign a Benchmark Test to. If you are an Educator, Imagine Math Grade 3+ displays the students in your class by default. To find a single student, Search by their name.
- To assign a Benchmark 2 or 3 Test to all eligible students in a class, click the checkbox for the Benchmark 2 or Benchmark 3 column, then click Select all X eligible. This selects all eligible students on every page of the Benchmark Roster.
To assign the Benchmark 2 or 3 Test to an individual student, click the Eligible checkbox in the Benchmark 2 or Benchmark 3 column for their name.
- Click Assign Benchmark.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to assign the Benchmark Test to your students.
You'll see a message at the top of the screen saying that you've successfully assigned the Benchmark Test to your students.
- Log in to the Math portal.
- Click Management > Benchmark Roster from the navigation pane.
- Use Search to find the student that you want to unassign a Benchmark Test for.
- Click Unassign in the Benchmark 2 or Benchmark 3 column, depending on which Benchmark Test you want to unassign.
- Click Unassign to confirm that you want to unassign the Benchmark Test for this student.
You'll see a message at the top of the screen saying that you've successfully unassigned the Benchmark Test for the student.