Use this page to view the Individual Learning Path grade placement of students.
Some items to note about student placement:
- If a student retakes an assessment, the placement date will update to display the latest date the assessment was taken, along with the updated score.
- The Source field shows how the student was placed. The item options are:
- MyPath – Our in-house MyPath Assessment
- NWEA – Partnership through NWEA
- Renaissance – Partnership through Renaissance
- Manual – The student was manually placed by an educator
- System – For Social and Emotional learning (SEL), students are automatically placed in their grade level when SEL is enabled for their class
In this new program, we are taking a slightly different approach from the current 10-point arbitrary “RIT Range” approach that Pathblazer. There is not a strong instructional reason why each range should span 10 points, so in our new program, we align overall Goal/Instructional Area RIT scores to grade-level expectations in each instructional area and then place students accordingly. This makes it easy for teachers to see how the NWEA scores result in instructional-level placement in our curriculum.
To access the report at the school level:
- Select the class tile.
- Select a class.
- Select a school.
- Select a class.
Continue on with the following steps:
- Select Student Placement.
- Optionally, use the Filters selections to filter the list of students for a more customized list of students.
- View the placement grade for each student.
The Placement Date for NWEA and Renaissance student placements shows the date that the placement was generated for the student, based on assessment results. This date is updated accordingly if NWEA or Renaissance placements are updated during the school year and synced by an Administrator.
- If an Assessment has been invalidated, the Placement Grade, Source and Placement Date will be grayed out. Additionally, an icon will appear next to the student's name.