Use this option if your district can export roster data from their Student Information System(SIS) in the OneRoster® format and then send it to Imagine Learning via SFTP connection or the OneRoster 1.1 API. You can use a OneRoster® solution to send roster files for Literacy and Math Suite products.
If you are new to using the OneRoster® format, Imagine Learning recommends that you review the OneRoster® 1.1 Best Practices and Implementation Guide before preparing your roster files.
To set up a OneRoster® CSV Integration:
- Download the Literacy or Math OneRoster® 1.1 files.
- Populate the required fields in these OneRoster® 1.1 files. Click the link to see the latest specification for each file:
If this is your first time using OneRoster files to roster with Imagine Learning, you should use IMS Global's CSV Validator to check that your files are in the correct OneRoster format before providing them to Imagine Learning.
To use IMS Global's CSV Validator, you need to have an active IMS Global account and be logged in to IMS Global's website. If you don't have an IMS Global account, you can sign up for a free one. Verifying your new IMS Global account may take up to 24 hours.
When you set up an SFTP connection, you'll specify connection information and paths, supported formats, and the date and time when you want to transfer files to Imagine Learning.
To set up a OneRoster® 1.1 API Integration
- The OneRoster API is a standardized direct connection format that comes packaged with a variety of SIS's and external vendors. Each vendor handles the API in a different way.
- Make sure you have the following credentials before the project is started:
Consumer Secret: Usually a long string of numbers and letters (ie. 7hd7h227hafffe8)
Application Secret: Usually another long string of numbers and letters (ie: 445cqass254334ff)
API URL: Depends on vendor, but normally contains "/ims/oneroster/ at the end (ie: https://imaginelearningtest-v2.oneroster.com/ims/oneroster/)
Token URL (if applicable): This is not required by most SIS's. If it is, this will be a URL to a secure token that confirms we're allowed to access the API. Usually ends with "/oneroster/v1p1/token" (ie: https://fakeaccount.com/qwebapi/ims/oneroster/v1p1/token).
- Via your SIS/vendor dashboard, confirm you have data in the following methods:
- Reach out to your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager to schedule a Discovery Call with our Technical Systems Engineers and begin your integration process.