Watch this video in English or Spanish on how parents and caregivers can help their students use Imagine Math Grade 3+at home. Then check out suggestions on how parents and caregivers can support their students as they learn throughout the school year.
Click the Closed Caption icon ( ) in the video player task bar to display captions as you listen.
Using Imagine Math Grade 3+ at home
This orientation video explains how parents and caregivers can help their student succeed with Imagine Math Grade 3+—a tool that helps students deepen their conceptual understanding of math, including core math foundations, problem-solving, fractions, measurements, and geometry. First, it explains how to access Imagine Math Grade 3+ from home, including what devices and browser to use, how to log in, and how to retrieve your student login information if you don't have it. If your district uses a Single Sign-On portal, follow the instructions from your student's teacher.
After your student logs in, they'll take a 30-question test that should take 30-45 minutes to complete. Make sure your student completes the test on their own because their performance helps to create their individualized learning path with the lessons they need. If your student gets frustrated, encourage them to do their best. The test can take more or less time depending on your students' responses: some questions will be easy, others will be harder. If your student needs to log out before they are done with the test, it will pick up where they left off the next time that they log in.
As your student uses Imagine Math Grade 3+, they have access to a built-in calculator, math glossary, math tools, or Live Teachers to help them. Live Teachers are state-certified teachers than can help students when they struggle, ensuring that students get the help they need when they need it. As your student uses Imagine Math Grade 3+, they can see their progress and earn points for their work, which they can use to customize their avatar.
- Check the family letter that you received from your student’s teacher to familiarize yourself with Imagine Math 3+ and your student’s experience.
- Help your student set a regular time and place when they can focus on using Imagine Math Grade 3+. Contact your student's teacher to find out how long your student should use Imagine Math Grade 3+ each week (also referred to as their weekly goal).
- Help your student log in to Imagine Math Grade 3+ from home and retrieve their login information if they don't have it. If your district uses a Single Sign-On portal, follow the instructions from your student's teacher.
- Encourage your student to use a notebook to respond to math prompts and show their thinking as they work through problems.
- Visit www.imaginelearning.com/familyhub for free resources in both English and Spanish for learning math at home.
- Encourage your student to use the Live Teachers in Imagine Math Grade 3+ when they need extra help. Live Teachers are available 7 days a week to help your student individually when they have math questions.
- As your student uses Imagine Math Grade 3+ throughout the school year, ask them to share with you what they're learning in their math lessons and how they're using the points they earn.
- Review your student’s progress with their teacher throughout the school year. Discuss your student’s overall progress as well as their growth metrics, test results, performance predictions for state tests, and skill areas where they may be struggling.