Administrators and Teachers can play individual activities in the Activity Explorer using audio language support if the activity includes language support.
Not all activities in Imagine Language & Literacy include audio language support. Audio language support is only available in activities where first language support is most needed to teach English language and literacy concepts to non-native speakers.
To play an activity in the Activity Explorer with audio language support
- Log in to Imagine Language & Literacy.
- Click Activity Explorer in the upper navigation bar.
- Use the search feature or click through the tiles to find the activity you want to play, then click the activity name.
For example, go to Phonological Awareness > Initial Phonemes and select one of the Discover Similar Sounds or Meet New Sounds activities.
- After the activity loads in your web browser, type &language=language at the end of the URL in the address bar, where language is the desired supported language. (For example, to play an activity in Spanish, type &language=Spanish at the end of the URL. To play an activity in Korean, type &language=Korean at the end of the URL.) You can type any of these languages at the end of the URL for any activities that include audio language support:
Audio Support Languages
- So that the activity loads properly, be sure to capitalize the name of the language.
- Do not include a space between the words Haitian and Creole or Portuguese and Brazil.
- Press Enter to reload the activity URL with language support in the language that you specified.
- Click the pulsating Play button in the middle of the screen to play the activity.