Imagine Learning integrates with the NWEA MAP Growth Reading and Math Assessments. If you are an Administrator, you can configure NWEA and Imagine Learning to use NWEA MAP Assessment scores to place students in Imagine Learning products. These instructions guide you through the process of rostering your students, setting up a connection to NWEA, administering the NWEA MAP Assessment, and syncing your student scores with Imagine Learning to place your students in Imagine Learning products.
To set up and use NWEA MAP Growth with Imagine Learning
- Contact your Imagine Learning Account Executive or Customer Success Manager about partnering with NWEA. To use NWEA MAP Growth with Imagine Learning products, you must use an automated rostering method such as OneRoster, ClassLink, Clever, or another method using an SFTP connection.
- Roster your students with NWEA using the same Student IDs that you’ll use in Imagine Learning products. Customers who are using both Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Math must roster students separately for each product. If your students are already rostered with NWEA, go to Step 3.
- Log in to NWEA as a District Assessment Coordinator to configure NWEA to share data with Imagine Learning.
- Allow at least 1 day for NWEA to share your data with Imagine Learning.
- Work with the Imagine Learning Experience Operations team to start an automated rostering sync for your students.
When you share your roster data with Imagine Learning, verify that your Student IDs and First/Last Names match what was rostered with NWEA. The Student ID may be the State ID, District ID, or other ID, but it must match what was rostered with NWEA.
- Administer the NWEA MAP Growth Assessment to your students.
- For Imagine Language & Literacy students: If your student begins using Imagine Language & Literacy before taking the NWEA MAP Growth Reading Assessment, Imagine Language & Literacy will use your student's previous MAP score (as far back as last semester) to place them. When your student logs in to Imagine Language & Literacy, they'll complete a short diagnostic test to refine their placement. If your student hasn't taken the NWEA MAP Growth Reading Assessment, they'll receive the Placement Test when they first log in to Imagine Language & Literacy.
- For Imagine Math students: If your student begins using Imagine Math before taking the MAP Growth Math Assessment, Imagine Math will use your student's previous MAP score (as far back as last semester) to place them. If your student hasn't taken the MAP Growth Math Assessment, they'll start the first lesson in the default pathway for their assigned grade level.
- Allow at least 1 day for your student scores to sync between Imagine Learning and NWEA. After that, students will be placed in Imagine Learning based on their most recent MAP Growth score.
NWEA™ and MAP® are registered trademarks, and MAP Growth, MAP Skills, and MAP Reading Fluency are trademarks of NWEA in the United States and other countries.