The Progress by Unit report shows how your students are performing in each unit in Imagine Español, and helps you interpret student performance across all units. It includes where each student was initially placed in Imagine Español, if the student has tested out of any units, the student's average scores on each unit, the student's individual scores on each lesson in the unit, and the grade level at which the student is currently working.
Administrators can view the Progress by Unit report for any student in their school or district. Teachers can view the Progress by Unit report for any student assigned to them.
To view the Progress by Unit report:
- Log in to Imagine Español and, if applicable, select the group whose data you wish to view.
- Click Progress from the Dashboard drop-down menu.
Teachers: Go to step 4.
- Administrators: In the Program Level Gains report, click the Group for whom you wish to view the Progress by Unit report.
- The Progress by Unit report displays with color-coded cells to show the average score in each unit. The column headers show the grade level of the content. Hover over the unit score to see the scores for each lesson.
As new lesson content is added to Imagine Español in Grades 3, 4, and 5, this may cause a change in the unit averages. No data or scores from previously completed lessons will be deleted or changed. However, since some lessons are being moved from one unit to another and additional lessons are being added, the unit averages may change.
The color-coding of the scores is as follows:
A dashed line indicates that a student hasn't started a unit, or that they have started a unit but have not completed any gradable work yet. When students first begin using Imagine Español, the dashed line shows the student's initial placement until they complete gradable work and the dashed line is replaced with an average score.
An arrow indicates that a student has tested out of a unit. Students test out of a unit when they show proficiency on the Placement Test for the skills taught in the unit. A Developing score (in red) indicates that a student's average score on the activities in the unit is between 0-59%. An Approaching score (in orange) indicates that a student's average score on the activities in the unit is between 60-69%. A Proficient score (in green) indicates that a student's average score on the activities in the unit is between 70-100%.
- Optional: Click the student's name to view their Skills Inventory Report and see which skills they have mastered.
- Optional: Click the Unit Name (Unit 1, Unit 2, etc.) to open the Lesson Explorer and preview the curriculum that is taught in the unit.