This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine MyPath
- Imagine Purpose
- Imagine Science Corner
Reassigning completed lessons to students via their learning path or the assignment builder empowers Administrators and Teachers to provide further support to students who may require additional help or preparation to fully master a subject.
How reassigning a lesson affects reports
- Student Progress Report – When a lesson is reassigned, the lesson status changes to "Upcoming" and data from the previous attempt remains in place until the student begins the new lesson.
- Class Summary Report – When a lesson is reassigned, the data for that student's work is removed from the Class Summary. This prevents confusion if the student has attempted the same lesson multiple times within the Class Summary reporting period. In addition, it helps teachers identify the most actionable data.
- Class Progress Report – When a lesson is reassigned, the lesson displays "Not Started". When the student completes another attempt, the report updates to reflect the new data. A lesson always displays the results of the most recent attempt.
- Usage Reports – Usage reports retain a record of all lessons and the time a student has spent in MyPath, even if lessons were reassigned.
How reassigning a lesson affects students
- A lesson In Progress cannot be reassigned; it must be completed before available to reassign.
- When multiple lessons are reassigned, the student is returned to the earliest reassigned lesson in their learning path. When that lesson is complete, the student is directed to the next reassigned lesson in their learning path. This continues until the student works their way to the lesson available before the earlier lessons were reassigned.
To reassign a lesson:
Click the applicable class on the Classes screen.
Choose the applicable class on the Classes screen.
- Choose the applicable school on the Schools screen.
- Choose a class.
Continue with the following:
- Choose a student on the Class Summary.
- Select Reassign Lesson ( ) in the Edit column of the relevant lesson.
- Click Reassign to confirm reassigning the lesson.
The lesson is reassigned, and the Reassign Lesson icon ( ) for that lesson no longer appears in the Current and Complete view.
- View the reassigned lesson in the Upcoming view.