Watch this video on how parents and caregivers can help their students use Imagine Math PreK-2 at home. Then check out suggestions on how parents and caregivers can support their students as they learn throughout the school year.
Click the Closed Caption icon ( ) in the video player task bar to display captions as you listen.
Using Imagine Math PreK-2 at home
This orientation video explains how parents and caregivers can help their student succeed with Imagine Math PreK-2—a tool to help students explore the knowledge and skills essential to success in mathematics. First, it explains how to access Imagine Math PreK-2 from home, including what devices and browser to use, how to log in, and how to retrieve your student login information if you don't have it. If your district uses a Single Sign-On portal, follow the instructions from your student's teacher.
After your student logs in, they'll see an introductory lesson and a test, which looks just like the other lessons your student will see. The test will take approximately 10 minutes for PreK student and approximately 40 minutes for Grade 2 students. Make sure your student completes the test on their own because their performance helps to create their individualized learning path with the lessons they need. If your student gets frustrated, encourage them to do their best. The test can take more or less time depending on your students' responses: some questions will be easy, others will be harder.
After your student finishes the test, they will move on to the next math lesson. As they use Imagine Math PreK-2, they can play games, earn tokens, and listen to songs. When your student needs to log out, they'll pick up where they left off the next time that they log in.
- Help your student set a regular time and place when they can focus on using Imagine Math PreK-2. Contact your student's teacher to find out how long your student should use Imagine Math PreK-2 each week (also referred to as their weekly goal).
- Help your student log in to Imagine Math PreK-2 from home and retrieve their login information if they don't have it. If your district uses a Single Sign-On portal, follow the instructions from your student's teacher.
- Visit www.imaginelearning.com/familyhub for free resources in both English and Spanish for learning math at home.
- As your student uses Imagine Math PreK-2 throughout the school year, ask them to share with you what they're learning in their math lessons and which tokens they've earned.
- Review your student’s progress with their teacher throughout the school year. Discuss your student’s overall progress as well as their growth metrics, test results, performance predictions for state tests, and skill areas where they may be struggling.