The steps in this article apply only if you have selected the INDIVIDUAL Self-Managed rostering option.
This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Math (both the PreK-2 and the 3+ environments)
- Imagine Math Facts
At the beginning of a new school year or when you first start using the Imagine Math Suite products, you'll need to use the Import Wizard to create educator accounts, student accounts, and classrooms so that all users can log into the Imagine Math Suite.
If you are a District Administrator or School Administrator, you can manually type data in the Import Wizard to create educator and student accounts; if you are a Teacher, you can only create student accounts.
You can also use the Import Wizard to update any existing accounts or classrooms.
This article walks you through these steps:
Adding educator accounts individually (Administrators only)
To add educator accounts individually:
- Log in to the Imagine Math Suite. If you are rostering students in both Math products, choose either of them to begin the rostering process.
- Click Management > Educators in the left navigation bar.
- On the Educators page, click either Add School Admin or Add Teacher.
If your organization uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage accounts, you will not have the Add Teacher button. Contact your district's IT staff for help adding teacher accounts via the file synchronization process.
- The Create a Teacher or Create an Admin page opens. Enter this information for each new staff account:
Field Description First Name Enter the staff member's first name. Last Name Enter the staff member's last name. Enter the email address that the staff member will use to log in to the Imagine Math portal. Password Create a password for the teacher or administrator. It must contain at least 8 characters. Password Confirmation
Re-type the password.
- Click Save.
- Receive a confirmation at the top of the screen.
Adding student accounts individually (Teachers and Administrators)
To add student accounts individually:
- Log in to the Imagine Math Suite. If you are rostering students in both Math products, choose either of them to begin the rostering process. You will be able to enroll students in both products from whichever product you select.
- Click Management > Students in the left navigation bar.
- Click Add Students.
- In the Go Step-by-Step section, click Get Started.
- On the Classroom Information page that opens, do one of the following:
If the classroom to which you want to add students is already listed:
Click on the name of the classroom.
If you need to create a new classroom:
A. Click Add a Classroom at the bottom of the page
B. Type the name of the classroom and click Create Classroom.
- Indicate whether you are adding new or existing students to the classroom.
You need to create new students
A. Click Add New Students
B. Enter the student's Last Name, First Name, and Student Information Number (SIN) and select their Grade Level and Imagine Math Program (PreK-2 or 3+). If your school has licenses for Imagine Math Facts, click the Imagine Math Facts Access checkbox to assign Imagine Math Facts to that student.
B. Once you're finished adding student accounts, click Finished Adding Students.
You want to add existing students
A. Click Add Existing Students.
B. Enter or paste Student Information Numbers (SINS) separated by commas or line breaks into the Enter Student Information Numbers (SINs) field, then click Search to find existing students.
C. In the results that appear, click the checkbox next to the names of the student(s) that you want to add to your classroom, then click Add Selected Students.
- Decide how to create passwords. Do one of the following.
You want the program to assign default usernames and passwords for these new student accounts
Click No, Keep Defaults.
You want to create custom usernames and passwords for each student account:
A. Click Yes, Create My Own.
B. Enter a Username and Password for each student.
C. Click Finished with Credentials.
- Decide whether or not to enter demographic information.
Optional demographic information includes:
- Whether or not the student has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
- Whether or not the student is an ELL (English Language Learner)
- What support language should be used to provide audio instructions and glossary definitions in Imagine Math.
You want to skip entering demographic data
Click No, Not Now.
You want to define optional demographic information
A. Click Yes, Set Demographic Info.
B. Click the Student is in an IEP checkbox if they have an Individualized Education Plan. Click the Student is an ELL if they are an English Language Learner. Change the Support Language if applicable and the Glossary Audio Support Language if applicable (Imagine Math 3+ students only).
C. Click I'm Finished when you are done.
- Review what is about to be entered, resolve any errors if applicable, and click Confirm Changes.
- Receive a confirmation message.
To request help resolving any errors or difficulties with the rostering process, contact Imagine Learning Product Support.