This information applies to Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español only.
The Media Booster is a device that receives media files from the Imagine Learning content delivery network (CDN), and then efficiently delivers the media to devices connected to your network. The Media Booster stores media files locally, conserving network resources and delivering media to devices faster.
Media Boosters are updated with the latest security features, so they are safe to use on your network:
- Media Boosters are protected by your firewall and secured from inside attacks.
- Media Boosters serve media files using containerized services.
- Media Boosters update automatically without assistance from school or Imagine Learning employees. The Media Booster device makes an HTTPS request during off-peak hours to check if new media or other updates are available. When updates are available, it automatically downloads and applies the update without intervention.
Setting up a Media Booster at your school or district
To set up a Media Booster
- Find a location for the Media Booster. The device must have access to a reliable power source and a school network connection.
- Connect the device to a power source and turn on the device.
- Connect a network cable to the device. The network cable should be connected to a live network port.
- Verify that your network port is live and active.
Using a Media Booster in a virtual environment
If you want to use a Media Booster in a virtual environment, it must meet these system requirements:
- 2 physical processor cores
- 8 GB of RAM (8192 MB)
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Gigabit network interface
You can use a Media Booster on these supported platforms: