This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Language & Literacy
- Imagine Español
- Imagine Reading
- Imagine Lectura
- Imagine Galileo K-12
- Imagine MyPath
If your school or district has selected to use the manual rostering tools to import new student accounts and make changes to existing student accounts, there are 2 ways to access the tools — via the Product Selection page or via links within the educator portal of each program.
Only the products your organization has purchased will display on the Product Selection page. If you have only 1 product, you might bypass this page and be directed straight into your product, where you can access the rostering tools from within the educator portal.
The available tools are:
- Setup Wizard - import new students, edit or reactivate/unarchive existing students, and assign students to groups and products. You also have the option to create new users in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet.
- Manage Students - add new student accounts, edit existing student accounts, reactivate archived student accounts, and, depending on the product, change product settings such as language support or session time.
- Manage Staff - add new staff accounts one at a time and edit existing staff accounts. This option is available for administrators only.
- Manage Groups - create new groups (classrooms) or edit existing ones.
Check with an administrator if you're unsure whether you need to roster your own students or if your students will be rostered for you.
The Product Selection Page
When logging in to your Imagine Learning products, the Product Selection page is available when you have more than 1 product. From the right side of this page, you can access the tools to roster your students. Once student accounts are created, you can assign and manage access to multiple products simultaneously.
The Educator Portal
An alternate way to access the manual rostering tools is from within the educator portal of the individual products. The location of these tools in each product is shown below.
Imagine Language & Literacy:
Imagine Reading and Imagine Lectura:
Imagine Galileo K-12:
Imagine Galileo functions slightly differently than the other products. There is no Setup Wizard link within the program. First go to Setup > Student and Staff Management.
From there you can access Students, Staff, and Groups.
|Creating an educator account||Creating a student account|
Now that you've accessed the rostering tools, follow the directions in the Manual Rostering section of the Help Center to add new students or edit existing ones.
If your school uses a Student Information System (SIS) that syncs regularly with Imagine Learning, all new students should be added to the SIS and their information will be sent to Imagine Learning on the next file, thereby creating their account. You should only add students individually if your school performs self-managed or one-time assisted rostering.
The same is true for many types of account edits—the changes must be made in the SIS and this will carry over to the Imagine Learning products via file synchronization. In fact, for SIS customers, certain fields will be locked from editing within the Imagine Learning products.
Fields without a lock may be updated within the program at any time.