This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine MyPath
- Imagine Purpose
- Imagine Science Corner
District Administrators, School Administrators, and Teachers can deactivate the learning path grade placement of a student by accessing Student Placement.
Reasons for deactivating a student's learning path:
- Students in intervention classes who show significant progress and no longer require additional support.
- If a student is placed on a learning path that is too advanced or too basic for their current skill level. Deactivating the path can allow the teacher to reevaluate the student's abilities and assign a more suitable learning path.
- If a student encounters temporary challenges or distractions such as personal issues or illness, teachers can deactivate certain learning paths to temporarily reduce the workload. This will enable teachers to provide support to a student during a difficult period.
Deactivating a student's learning path prevents the student from accessing the learning path. However, the path continues to exist and will update and reactivate if the placement is updated either by a teacher or by an assessment.
Additionally, deactivating a student's learning path will have the following effect on reports and student data:
- Class Summary - student name displays with an icon indicating no learning path available
- Class Progress - student name does not display
- Student Profile - subject option is not available
- Educators can access a student's progress report via another student's progress report, but No Learning Path Assigned for subject displays
- Usage Report - student's name displays with their learning path status as inactive
To deactivate the grade placement of a student:
- Click the class card.
- Choose Classes.
- Select a class.
- Choose Schools.
- Select a school.
- Click a class.
Continue with the following:
- Click Student Placement.
- Select more options ( ) for a lesson, then click Deactivate ILP.
- Click Yes, to confirm.