Once you or another member of your organization has created a library, you can edit the library name, the library's access years, and user permissions. Which library properties you can edit are determined by the access level you have within your organization.
To edit a library
- Log in to Imagine Galileo.
- Click Setup > Library Builder.
- Use the drop-down boxes to search for the library you want to edit. You can search the library by school, class, and Library type.
- You can scroll through the list of libraries or use the search box to find the text you want to edit. Once you have located the library, click Edit ( ).
- To edit the library you will need to review the information on all three tabs. Click the Home ( ) to return to the Library Builder page.
1. In the Name & Year tab, you can edit the name of your library.
Library names are limited to 150 characters.
2. Choose All Years or Current Year Only.
Choosing All Years allows you to access the library contents over multiple school years.
3. Click Save and Next.
- District Administrators and School Administrators can change the level at which you wish to assign the library using the Choose an Access Level drop-down. If you are a Teacher you are automatically skipped to the next tab. Move to step .
1. Choose an Access Level. The access levels that you will have access to will be determined by your individual user access. (e.g. A School Administrator is not able to choose District-level access).
User Level Description District-level User Choosing District-level User creates a library that can be used across your entire organization. School-level User Choosing School-level User creates a library that can be used across an entire school. Class-level User Choosing Class-level User creates a library that can be used for a class only.
3. Select the Set Permission Level.
Permission Level Description Read-Only This permission will only be able to view the contents of the library, use the content "as-is" and will need to make a copy of the contents to his or her own libraries to edit it. Write This permission can edit the contents of the library and all other users with permissions to that library will see and be affected by the changes. Results Only This permission prevents Class-level and School-level users from seeing the test questions and scheduling a test. Users cannot access details of certain reports, generate a test booklet, or print answer key pages. This permission is generally used with an Instructional Effectiveness (IE) test library. This permission is only available in the Test library. Term/Field Description Access Level Only Assigns this library to only those users who have the same user level as the library access assignment level you selected in step 1. Term/Field Name Assigns this library to all users at and below the selected level in the organization or school that it was assigned to.
- The Summary tab displays the school years, schools, classes, and users this library has been made available for. The creator of the library always has to have Write permission to the library and is automatically listed under Users. Click Home ( ) to return to the Library Builder page.