School Administrators and District Administrators can run, download, and print the Cumulative Performance report to pull student data from Imagine Español in a highly customizable format. You can run the report using preset filters called Report Bookmarks, or you can create your own filters and save them as Custom Bookmarks.
Throughout this article, you'll have the option to click a link to display further information. If you want to print this information, be sure to expand the section before you send the article to the printer.
To access, run, and save or print the Cumulative Performance report:
Log in to Imagine Español.
- Select Progress from the Dashboard drop-down menu.
- Select Cumulative Performance.
- The report displays with 4 main sections:
- Bookmarks - Preset data points to include in the report
- Drop-down menus - For basic data filtering
- Filters - For advanced data filtering
- Results table - The data applicable to the filters and/or bookmarks you've selected and well as the selections you make in the drop-down menus. When you open the report, the results include the data set that matches the default Report Bookmark.
TipsUse the caret in the top right-hand side of the report to show or hide the Filters.
To sort the data: Hover in the top right of the results section to get the ellipses, then click the caret in Sort by and make a selection.
By default, student data generated beginning July 1st of the current year appears in the report. You can customize the date range using the date filters at the top of the page. Consult with your Customer Success Manager if you need data generated prior to July 1st.
- Use the drop-down menus, filters, and/or bookmarks to select which data should appear in the results table. The results update automatically each time you make a new selection.
- Optional: Save your drop-down menus and filters as a Custom Bookmark so you can re-run this same report later at the click of a button.
- As applicable: click Reset to clear your selections. Clicking Reset also reverts the bookmark back to the default if another one had been in use.
- To export the report, click Export in the top right corner and then select CSV or Excel. Your file will be saved as data.csv or data.xlsx.
Once you've downloaded the file, you can also save it and/or print it from your browser if you wish.
Drop-down menus section
This portion of the report allows you to perform some basic data filtering to customize the set of students, groups (classrooms), or schools returned in the results.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the information you want to display in the report.
- As needed: Hover over the top right corner of a drop-down menu, then click the eraser to clear your selections.
The drop-down menus are as follows:
|Select one or more schools to include in the report. If you are a School Administrator, the only option will be your own school. For District Administrators, the default is all schools.
|Select one or more grade levels to include in the report. The default setting is all applicable grade levels. Only the grade levels of students rostered in Imagine Español in your school or district appear in the menu. If only students in Grades K-3, for example, are using Imagine Español, no other grades will be an option for you to select.
|Custom Date Range
|The default start date is July 1st of the current school year; the default end date is yesterday. Click the calendar icons to make new selections. Today's data cannot be included in the report.
|Select Row Values
This menu determines the columns that appear on the left side of the results table. It also determines how many rows appear in your report and in the Total # Rows box. Select the values in the order you want to include them in the report. To reorder the columns, change the order in which you click each box. (Alternately, you can reorder the columns after downloading the report.)
If you want to "roll up" your report to the group (classroom) level, deselect all student-level data points—Student Last Name, Student First Name, Username, Student Number, Student Alt ID, First Session Date, and Last Session Date—and select Group instead. District Administrators can also roll up to the school level by deselecting Group and all student-level data points.
This menu determines the columns that appear on the right side of the results table. Select the columns you want to include in the order you want them to appear in the report. They will appear immediately after the columns you selected in the Select Row Values drop-down menu.
Click HERE to learn more about the fields in the Select Metrics drop-down menu.
The table contains the definition of the column if the report displays at the student level. For roll-up reports (viewing at the group or school level instead of student level), the columns containing an asterisk(*) change to display an average instead of a total. Fields without an asterisk contain a total for all students in that group, school, teacher, etc.
You can select the premade default Report Bookmark or create your own custom bookmark to define which data is included in the report. You will also have access to bookmarks made by other administrators in your organization: School Administrators can access bookmarks made by other School Administrators in the same school, and District Administrators can access bookmarks made by other District Administrators in the same district.
To use a Report Bookmark:
- Click the Report Bookmarks button in the top left corner of the page.
- Click the name of one of the bookmarks. The premade bookmark Default View appears at the top of the list, followed by any custom bookmarks you made or have access to.
The Default View has School, Grade Level, Teacher, Student Last Name, Student First Name, Student Number, First Session Date, and Last Session Date enabled in the Select Row Values drop-down menu, and all boxes checked in the Select Metrics drop-down menu.
- To clear the bookmark, select Report Bookmarks and select Default View, or click Reset at the top of your screen.
To create your own bookmark
Follow these steps after you have made your desired selections in the drop-down menus and/or filters. Up to 8 custom bookmarks can be created per role, per organization. (For example, the school administrators at the same school can create a total of 8 shared custom bookmarks.)
- Click Create Custom Bookmark at the top of the page.
- Type a name for the bookmark and click Confirm.
Since your bookmark will be viewable by other School Administrators at your school (if you are a School Administrator) or other District Administrators in your district (if you are a District Administrator), add your last name to the end of the bookmark so everyone knows who made it.
- To delete a bookmark:
Open Report Benchmarks and click the red X by the bookmark you wish to delete. Please do not delete bookmarks that were created by someone else—deleting them from your view deletes them for everyone who had access to them.
This portion of the report contains additional filters beyond what is available in the drop-down menus. It is for those who want to take a deeper dive into the data.
- Only the filter options applicable to the groups, teachers, and schools you've selected will appear. For example, if none of the students in your filters have completed more than an hour in the program, 60+ will not appear as an option to select in your Activity Time per Week filter. However, if you edit the filters and select different groups, 60+ will appear in the Activity Time per Week filter if the students in the new groups you selected have reached this usage milestone.
- The filters are cumulative, meaning that they work together (i.e., if you select multiple filters, the results contain only the students who meet all the requirements of the all filters.)
- Use the caret in the top right-hand side of the report to show the Filters.
- Expand the filter you'd like to use.
- The filter opens defaulted to Filter type = Basic filtering. In this view, check the box(es) of the items you want to include.
The numbers to the right of the options are not impacted by report filter selections and therefore may not apply to the number of results you will see in the report.
- Optional: Change Filter type to Advanced Filtering if you need more granular filtering. Then choose an item in the Show items when the value drop-down menu.
You can add another condition using And or Or. Click Apply filter when you've finished making your selections.
- To save filter settings, click Create Custom Bookmark in the top left corner of the page.
- To revert all filters back to their defaults, click Reset in the top right corner of the page.
Click HERE to learn more about the Filters on the right-hand side of the report.Here is further information about each filter:
Name Definition/Additional Information Demographics This pulls from the district's Demographics data provided to Imagine Learning at the time of rostering. The choices available here will depend on what was input during rostering. Examples include SPED, ESOL, ELL, 504, etc. Teacher Select/deselect the teachers you want to include in the report. Activity Time per Week (year-to-date) Choose between 0 min, 0-29 min, 30-44 min, 45 to 59 min, and/or 60+ min. Lesson Pass Rate Grouping (Year-to-Date)
Choose between the various proficiency levels. This is the Lesson Pass Rate (total lessons passed/ total lessons completed) and is as follows:
Developing is <60%
Approaching is 60-69%
Proficient is 70% or higher
Group Select/deselect the groups (classrooms) you want to include in the report. Active Students Choose between true and/or false. True means that students are active, while false means that they are not. An active student is one who has completed the Placement test and at least one minute of other activity.
Active students = false includes rostered students with no activity. This may include students who have not yet logged in.
Language Support Choose the students' first language (L1) audio support. Program Level Choose between 1 below, 2+ below, on grade level, and/or above grade level.
Click on a question below to learn more about common use cases for the Cumulative Performance report.
An active student is one who has finished the Placement test and has at least one minute of activity time in the program. Use the side filter called Active Students to find them.
Use Select Metrics to select Activity Time (min) and Avg Activity Time per Unique Day Worked as well as any other dimensions you would like to view.
Use Select Row Values to select Student Number and/or Student First Name and Student Last Name.
- Optional: Use the Grade Level drop-down menu to view a specific grade.
- Use Select Row Values to select Student Number and/or Student First Name and Student Last Name.
- Open Select Metrics and select the Lessons Completed, Lessons Passed, and Lesson Pass Rate (for overall pass rates).
- Select a Grade Level from the drop-down menu.
- Open Select Metrics and select the Lessons Completed, Lessons Passed, and Lesson Pass Rate.
- Compare the passing rate across grades.
Filter on the timeframe of the contest using the custom calendar in the Date Range drop-down menu.
- Filter on the students included in the contest (school, grade, etc.)
- Sort on the column(s) that match your contest criteria (For example: unique days worked, lessons completed, or lessons passed).
The Cumulative Performance report data populates via an overnight sync. When a student completes a lesson, assessment, etc., the data is collected and compiled for reporting the next day. For example, when a student completes an assessment on Monday, the score displays in the Cumulative Performance report on Tuesday.