School Administrators and District Administrators can run the Cumulative Performance report to pull student data from Imagine Español in a highly customizable format. This article explains how to access the report and then explains the three sections of the report: the Main Filters, the Results, and the additional Filters. The FAQs at the end of the article provide further guidance on using this report.
Throughout this article, you'll have the option to click a link to display further information about each section of the report. If you want to print this information, be sure to expand the section before you send the article to the printer.
To access the Cumulative Performance report:
- Log in to Imagine Español.
- Select Progress from the Dashboard drop-down menu.
- Select Cumulative Performance.
- The report displays with three sections:
- Click the arrows to expand/contract the report. The most common data to expand/contract include School, Grade Level, Group, and Teacher. Expanding and contracting the report allows you to roll data up to a summary level or drill down into more detail.
- Up to 250 results load at one time. If you wish to view all of your results, keep clicking Load More at the bottom of the page until the button becomes disabled, which means there are no further result to load. The filters inside the column headers only filter the data that is loaded on the page at the time you filter it.
- Use the arrow on the bottom right-hand side of the report to show or hide the Filters.
Main Filters section
This portion of the report allows you to perform some basic data filtering to customize the set of students returned in the results.
- Use the drop-down menus next to each section to select the information you want to display, then click Apply.
- Click Reset to revert the filters back to their defaults.
|Drop-down Menu||Description/Additional Information|
|School||Select one or more schools to include in the report. If you are a School Administrator, the only option will be your own school. For District Administrators, the default is all schools.|
|Grade Level||Select one or more grade levels to include in the report. The default setting is all applicable grade levels. Only the grade levels of students rostered in Imagine Español in your school or district appear in the menu. If you have no kindergartners in the program, for example, kindergarten will not be an option for you to select.|
This portion of the report is the data itself.
By default, student data generated beginning July 1st of the current year appears in the report. You can customize the date range in the date filter on the right-hand side of the page. Consult with your Customer Success Manager if you need data generated prior to July 1st.
Use the arrows in each drop-down to select the information you want to view.
- The Select Rows/Columns drop-down menu determines the columns that appear on the far left of the report.
Drag and drop any elements in the Unused section into the Rows section to include that element in the report. Or, drag and drop any dimension already in the Rows section to the Unused section to remove it from the report.
Do not drag anything into the Columns section; you'll get an error.
- The Select Data drop-down menu determines the columns that appear on the right side of the report. Click the arrow, then hover near the top of the box to get a scroll bar. Select/deselect the columns you want to include in the report. You can also click and drag the fields to change the order in which the columns display.
- As applicable: click the X to reset the selections.
- Optional: If you wish to save your filter to return to it later, follow these sub-steps to create a Preset.
A. Click Save Selection.
B. Name your preset filter and click Save.
C. You'll receive a confirmation that the filter saved, and it will now be available in the Pivot Presets drop-down menu for future use. You can delete it at any time by clicking the red X.
- To export the report to a CSV, Excel, or PNG file, click the vertical ellipsis icon as shown below, click the arrow next to Download, and choose the type of file you desire. Once you've downloaded the file, you can also print it if you wish.
- To export the report to a PDF, click the PDF button. A quick-access button is also available for Excel.
The following data points are available in the Select Data drop-down menu.
The table contains the definition of the column if the report displays at the student level. For roll-up reports, the columns containing an asterisk(*) change to display an average instead of a total. Fields without an asterisk contain a total for all students in that group, school, teacher, etc.
|Column Name||Description/Additional Information|
|Unique Days Worked||The total number of unique days the student logged into the program. This includes weekdays and weekends. For example, if a student logs in three times on January 12th, it counts as one unique day.|
|Activity Time in Min||The student's total activity time on the program (in minutes).|
|Inactive Time in Min||The total number of minutes the student logged in minus the time they spent on activities.|
|Avg Activity Time per Unique Day Worked*||This is the average activity time (in minutes); it is calculated by taking the total activity time and dividing it by the number of unique days the student logged into IE.|
|Lessons Completed||The total count of lessons completed.|
|Lessons Passed||The total count of lessons passed. To pass a lesson, the student must earn a 70% or higher.|
|Lesson Pass Rate||The total number of lessons passed divided by the total count of lessons completed.|
|Weeks in Program*||The number of unique weeks the student logged in between Sunday through Saturday. At the student level of the report, this number is a total. At a roll-up level of this report, it is an average.|
This portion of the report contains additional filters beyond what is available in the Main Filters section. It is for those who want to take a deeper dive into the data.
- The filters on the right side of the screen filter the entire data set, not just the results that have been loaded on your page.
- Only the filter options applicable to the groups, teachers, and schools you've selected will appear. For example, if none of the students in your filters have completed more than an hour in the program, 60+ will not appear as an option to select in your Activity Time per Week (Year-to-Date) filter. However, if you edit the filters and select different schools, 60+ will appear in the Activity Time per Week filter if the students in the new schools you selected have reached this usage milestone.
- The filters are cumulative, meaning that they work together (i.e., if you select multiple filters, the results contain only the students who meet all the requirements of the all filters.)
- Use the options on the far right side of the screen to apply filters to the report. To edit an individual filter, click the yellow Include all button or hover over the top right corner of a filter and click the pencil icon that appears.
Many filters also contain an arrow you can click to access the edit window.
- To turn a filter off, click the radio button in the slider. The slider will turn from yellow to gray. Turning the filter off is equivalent to setting it to Include All. Turning a filter off means that the filter will not impact the data.
- When you uncheck a selection, it shows in red once you exit the editing portion of the filter.
- To save filter settings, click the vertical ellipsis icon and select Set as My Default Filters.
- To revert filters back to their defaults, click the refresh symbol.
Click HERE to learn more about the Filters on the right-hand side of the report.Here is further information about each of the available Filters:
Name Definition/Additional Information School Admins with only one school will be unable to deselect their school. Demographics This pulls from the district's Demographics data provided to Imagine Learning at the time of rostering. The choices available here will depend on what was input during rostering. Examples include SPED, ESOL, ELL, 504, etc. Date Range
Clicking the yellow button brings up three options for editing. The Calendar view allows you to select the From and To dates with a calendar picker.
The List view allows you to include/exclude the dates shown in the list.
Time Frame allows you to select a period of time.
You will receive an empty report if you choose a time frame in the future.
Teacher Select/deselect the teachers you want to include in the report. Activity Time per Week (Year-to-Date) Choose between 0 minutes, 0-29 minutes, 30-44 minutes, 45 to 59 minutes, and/or 60+. Lesson Pass Rate Grouping (Year-to-Date)
Choose between the various proficiency levels or N/A for students who do not yet have a lesson pass rate. This is the Lesson Pass Rate (total lessons passed/ total lessons completed) and is as follows:
Developing is <60%
Approaching is 60-69%
Proficient is 70% or higher
Group Select/deselect the groups you want to include in the report. Active Students Choose between true and/or false. True means that students are active, while false means that they are not. An active student is one who has completed the Placement test and at least one minute of other activity. Language Choose the students' support language for Imagine Español (English or Spanish), as identified in the Product Settings portion of their student accounts. Program Level Choose between N/A, 1 below, 2+ below, on grade level, and/or above grade level. Grade Level This is a locked filter; use the Main Filter at the top of the report instead if you wish to select a grade level.
Click on a question below to learn more about common use cases for the Cumulative Performance report.
An active student is one who has finished the Placement test and has at least one minute of activity time in the program, and the number of Data Points equals the number of active students. Review the Data Points number at the bottom left of the table. If there are more than 250 students, select Load More until all students are loaded. (The button becomes disabled when all students are loaded.)
Use Select Data to select Activity Time in Min and Avg Activity Time per Unique Day Worked as well as any other dimensions you would like to view.
Use Select Rows/Columns to select Student Number and/or Student First Name and Student Last Name.
- Optional additional filter: Use the Grade Level in the search criteria to view a specific grade.
- Use Select Rows/Columns to select Student Number and/or Student First Name and Student Last Name.
- Open Select Data and select the Lessons Completed, Lessons Passed, and Lesson Pass Rate.
- Use Select Rows/Columns to select Grade Level.
- Open Select Data and select the Lessons Completed, Lessons Passed, and Lesson Pass Rate.
- Compare the passing rate across grades.
Filter on the timeframe of the contest using the custom calendar in the Date Range filter (side panel filters)
- Filter on the students included in the contest (school, grade, etc.)
- Sort on the column(s) that match your contest criteria (For example: unique days worked, lessons completed, or lessons passed).
- Hover to the right of the column heading
- Click the up/down arrows for how you want to see the data (ascending or descending)
The Cumulative Performance report data populates via an overnight sync. When a student completes a lesson, assessment, etc., the data is collected and compiled for reporting the next day. For example, when a student completes an assessment on Monday, the score displays in the Cumulative Performance report Tuesday.