Educators can manually place students on a learning path by assigning a student placement.
When students are placed above their enrolled grade, they are taken through prioritized lessons for each grade level in between their enrolled grade and placement grade to ensure they are ready for above-grade-level work. This is known as an instructional bridge philosophy for above-grade students in Imagine MyPath.
When a student is placed above grade level, their learning path starts with prioritized on-grade level skills and continues through each grade level's prioritized skills to ensure they are getting the key concepts that will prepare them for higher grade level content. By doing this, we can confirm that they master skills from the grades that prepare them for the higher grade level. Keep in mind that adaptivity also works for this above-grade-level student. If they know the content and pass the first or second mastery check in the lesson, students can move on to the next lesson.
To manually assign a learning path
- Select a class tile.
- Select Users, then Student Placement.
- Select Schools, then Student Placement.
Continue with the following
- Choose Student Placement in the upper navigation bar.
- Click more options ( ) to assign a learning path to a student.
- Select Edit Placement.
- Click the Select Grade drop-down list and choose the placement grade for the given subject.
- Click Assign.
- The student is assigned a learning path.