During the Imagine Math implementation process, District Administrators must choose an assessment type. Imagine Math integrates with two types of assessments — the Imagine Math embedded Benchmark Tests and the NWEA™ MAP® Math Growth Assessments. The embedded Benchmark Test is the default unless your organization chooses to implement the NWEA MAP Growth Assessment or a mix of both assessments.
When a district desires both types of assessments, Imagine Math provides a blended assessment model via the NWEA auto-integration so that one school can have a different assessment provider than another school within the same district. This level of flexibility is also available per grade level within a district. For example, a district may use the Imagine Math Benchmark for Grades PreK-1 and NWEA for Grades 2-8.
NWEA is unavailable for PreK students. PreK students will take the Embedded Benchmark.
To work with mixed assessment providers:
- Log in to the Math Suite.
- If your organization is using NWEA MAP integration with Imagine Math, the Benchmark section of your dashboard has a link to the NWEA Growth Assessment portal.
- To view data for the Imagine Math embedded Benchmark Tests, click the Benchmark heading.
- To view data for the NWEA MAP Assessments, access the NWEA login by clicking the NWEA link ().
- The NWEA label and/or alert message that your organization is using NWEA appears in the following places in Imagine Math:
Benchmark report header
Students utilizing the NWEA MAP auto-integration are still listed in the Benchmark report and the Benchmark Roster. No data is available for them but their names display.
- Within Imagine Math, both Imagine Math Benchmark Pathways and NWEA Instructional Pathways are accessible under Content > Learning Pathways.
- The Student Progress report is different for NWEA students and embedded Benchmark students in Grades 3 and up. For NWEA users, the Usage Since Last Benchmark and Benchmark Details sections will always be blank.
- Assessment-related fields will not populate in the Student Data Export for NWEA students.