As students read passages in Imagine Reading, they complete in-text comprehension questions about the passage. Imagine Reading automatically grades responses to question types such as true/false, multi-select, short answer, matching, ordering, multiple-choice, and others. Teachers review and grade any open-ended, written responses. Imagine Reading shows the number of ungraded written responses for each passage in the unit on the Teacher Dashboard.
Student scores include both graded and ungraded responses. Ungraded responses are considered a "0" until they are graded.
To grade written student responses
- Log in to the Literacy Suite. If this is your first time logging in, choose Imagine Reading.
- Click Unit Library in the upper navigation bar.
- If you are assigned to multiple groups, choose a group from the Group drop-down list.
- Click the passage name, then click Unit Overview. Imagine Reading shows the number of ungraded responses for each passage in the unit.
- Click Ungraded Responses to go to the Grading section for that passage.
- Choose the group from the Group drop-down list. You can choose to review responses from a specific student or choose All students to view responses for the entire group.
- Click the < > arrows to scroll between written student responses. Click Show Rubric for guidance on how to grade each written response.
- Click the number of points that you want to award the student for their written response. You can award 0-3 points for student responses, depending on the question type.