This article applies to Imagine Reading and Imagine Lectura.
Students complete 2 types of questions in Imagine Reading and Imagine Lectura.
The technology-enhanced item types such as true/false, multi-select, matching, ordering, multiple choice, and others, are automatically graded by the program.
Teachers review and grade all open-ended, written responses. Imagine Reading and Imagine Lectura display the number of ungraded written responses for each passage on the group dashboard so you can easily access everything awaiting your review.
Student scores include both graded and ungraded responses. Ungraded responses are considered a "0" until they are graded. Be sure to complete all grading before reviewing student reports, or grades will likely skew low due to the ungraded responses.
To grade written student responses:
- Log in to Imagine Reading or Imagine Lectura.
- If you have more than one group, select a group.
- Click a passage name in the Grading to be Done section.
- On the right side of the page, the Student Responses section displays for that passage. In the filters at the top of the section, you may select a new group and/or a specific student. For passages with more than one question, use the arrows to navigate between questions.
- Click Show Rubric for guidance on how to determine how many points to award.
- Select a number of points. You can award 0-3 points for student responses, depending on the question type.
At this time, you can have the student redo the passage instead of awarding points. To do so, read Resetting student responses and start at step 7.
- Receive a message at the top of the screen that you successfully submitted the score.