Staff are individuals who use the Literacy portal to manage students, start sessions, and administer Imagine Español. They can be administrators, teachers, interventionists, coordinators, or other student advocates. Each user needs an individual staff account in order to access the Literacy portal and interact with Imagine Español . Depending on the role assigned to your staff account, you can perform different tasks in the Literacy portal.
If you are an Administrator, you can add new staff accounts individually or by importing roster data.
To add a new staff account
- On the Dashboard, click Manage Staff under the Manage heading.
- Click Add.
- Enter this information for the new staff account:
Field Description First Name Enter the staff member's first name. Last Name Enter the staff member's last name. Account Type Choose the account type for this staff account. The account type determines which staff account permissions a user has in the Literacy portal. Choose one of these account types:
- Administrator: This account type allows you to create and manage organizations and groups, as well as manage all student and staff accounts. If you are an Administrator, you can change your role at any time.
- Teacher: This account type allows you to see only your groups and student accounts. Teachers do not have permissions to create or manage organizations or other staff accounts.
Enter the email address that the staff member will use to log in to Imagine Español.
The email address and password allows the staff member to log in to both the Literacy portal and the Imagine Learning Student app.
Organizations Choose the organization(s) that the staff account is assigned to from the drop-down list. Click the X by the organization name to unassign the staff member from this organization. Groups Choose the group(s) that this staff account is assigned to from the drop-down list. Click the X by the group name to unassign the staff member from this group.
- If you are creating multiple staff accounts, click Add Another Staff Member.
- When you are finished creating staff accounts, click Save Staff.