If you are a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator you can add one or more existing student accounts to a class at a time. To add student accounts to a class, you'll need to enter each students' Student Information Number (SIN). You may also want to know each student's first and last name so that you can verify that you've entered the correct Student Information Number. If you have both Imagine Math and Imagine Math Facts, you can add student accounts to a class and assign them to both products at the same time.
Each student must have a unique Student Identification Number (SIN) within a customer organization, and a unique username within each site code. If you see an error message that says "Username has already been taken," it means that the username is already in use in Imagine Math and you need to choose a different username for the student. If you try to use the Student Identification Number as their username and it is already in use, you can append the SIN with another piece of student information, such as the student's first and last initials or the school abbreviation.
When you see Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, it means that your district uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage school administrator, educator, class, and student accounts within your district. To update information for these accounts, contact your district's IT staff since they have permissions to make account changes. Even though a student is under a Managed by SIS account, non-sync managed classes assignments can still be added.
Before you begin
- If you see Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, check with your district's IT staff before adding any students to classes.
- Review the Adding student accounts to Imagine Math PreK-2 article, to determine if this is the method you want to use for adding your students.
- Make sure you have the Student Information Number (SIN), first name, and last name for the students that you want to assign to a class.
- If you are an Educator, make sure that the class you want to add students to has already been created and that you are assigned to it. If you are a District Administrator or School Administrator, you can add a new class when you add new students.
To add student accounts to classes
- Log in to the Math portal.
- Click Import Students in the Quick Links section of your dashboard.
If you are a School Administrator or Teacher, click Management > Students in the navigation pane, then click Add Students.
The Students list shows all the active students in the district, school, or class, depending on whether you are logged in as a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator.
- Under Go Step-by-Step, click Get Started.
If you are a District Administrator, click the school name. If there is only one school in your district, you won't see this page.
- Click the class that you want to add students to. If the class you want to add students to is not in the Active Classes list, it hasn't been created or it's been deactivated.
- If the class hasn't been created, click Add a Classroom, enter a name for the class, then click Save.
- If the class is deactivated, activate the class and then continue these steps.
- Click Add Existing Students.
- Enter the Student Information Number (SIN) for each student, separated by a comma. For example, enter
- Click Search.
Some browser plug-ins (such as Grammarly) can interfere with the Search feature. If you have an issue searching for your students, disable the plug-in, then Search again.
- Click the box next to each student that you want to add to the class, then click Add Selected Students.
To select all students, click the box at the top of the list, then click Add Selected Students.
- Verify that the students in the list are the ones you want to add. If you see anything you want to change, click Edit Students.
When you are satisfied with the students, click Confirm Changes.
After you confirm your changes, a Success! message displays.