In order for students to log in to the Literacy portal and begin using Imagine Learning, they must be assigned to Imagine Language & Literacy, Imagine Español, or Imagine Reading. Administrators can assign product access to any students in their organization, and Teachers can assign product access to any students assigned to their group(s).
Students must be assigned to a group before they can be assigned product access.
To assign product access to students
- Log in to the Literacy portal.
- On your Dashboard, click Manage Students under the Manage heading
- Search, filter, or page to find the student account(s) that you want to edit.
- Search for student names in the Search box.
- Filter student names by clicking Add Filter and choosing how you want to filter results. (To remove a filter, click the X in the filter tag.)
- Page through student names by clicking the arrows at the bottom of the list.
- Click the checkbox next to the students that you want to assign products to, then click Assign Product Access.
- Click the checkbox for the product that you want to assign to each student, then click Next.
- Choose any product settings for the products you've assigned. If a product setting does not apply to the product you chose, it does not display.
Field Description Session Time
Specifies the student's session time in minutes. The session time is the amount of time the student should play Imagine Language & Literacy or Imagine Español during a single session.
By default, the session time is 20 minutes.
Language Support: Español
Specifies the audio support language for the student if they are using Imagine Español. The audio support language translates instructions in the Imagine Learning Student app into the student's native language while the student uses Imagine Español. Choose the audio support language that you want to use form the Language Support drop-down list.
By default, the audio support language for Imagine Español is Spanish.
- Click Save. You'll see a confirmation of the products you've assigned.
- Click Done.
Once product access has been assigned to a student, it can't be removed by an Administrator or Educator. To remove student product access you will need to contact customer care.