Groups are required to track individual and collective student performance and usage. Each student should be assigned to at least one group. Both Administrators and Teachers can assign students to a group. You can also assign a student to a group when you create a new student account (either by importing roster data with group assignments or adding a new student account).
Administrators can assign students to any group assigned to the organization. Teachers can only assign students to groups that the staff member is assigned to. You can add as many students to an account as you need to. You can also assign the same student to multiple groups, if necessary.
To assign student accounts to a group
- Log in to the Literacy portal.
- On the Dashboard, click Manage Students under the Manage heading.
- Search, filter, or page to find the group that you want to assign students to.
- Click Manage Students () next to the group that you want to assign students to.
- Click Add.
- Click Add Students Manually to create new student accounts, choose existing student accounts, or reactivate existing student accounts to add to the group.
- Choose the School that you want to assign the student account to, then click Next.
- Choose the Group that you want to assign the student account to, then click Next.
- Click Choose from Active Students to assign existing student accounts to the group, then click Next. Click Reactivate or Create Students if you need to add new student accounts to add to the group.
- Click the checkbox next to the student accounts you want to add to the group, then click Next.
- Click the checkbox for each product that you want to assign to the student, then click Next. When you assign a product to the student, they can log in and begin using it.
- Choose any product settings for the products you've assigned, then click Save. If a product setting does not apply to the product you chose, it does not display
Field Description Session Time Specifies the student's session time in minutes. The session time is the amount of time the student should play Imagine Language & Literacy or Imagine Español during a single session. Language Support: Español
Specifies the audio support language for the student if they are using Imagine Español. The audio support language translates instructions in the Imagine Learning Student app into the student's native language while the student uses Imagine Español. Choose the audio support language that you want to use form the Language Support drop-down list.
By default, the audio support language for Imagine Español is Spanish.
You'll see a confirmation of the products you've assigned to students.
- Click Done.