The steps in this article apply only if you have selected the INDIVIDUAL Self-Managed rostering option.
This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Language & Literacy
- Imagine Español
- Imagine Reading
- Imagine Lectura
- Imagine Galileo K-12
- Imagine MyPath
At the beginning of a new school year or when you first start using the Imagine Learning Literacy and MyPath suite, you'll need to use the Setup Wizard to create staff and student accounts, assign student accounts to groups, and assign product access to students.
If you are an Administrator, you can use the Setup Wizard to create staff and student accounts; if you are a Teacher, you can create student accounts.
Both Administrators and Teachers can create or import new accounts or groups, assign students to groups, and assign product access to students.
If you have already created your accounts, you can also use the Setup Wizard to assign existing student accounts to a group or change students' product access and edit their product settings.
This article walks you through these steps:
- Launching the Setup Wizard
- Adding staff accounts individually
- Adding student accounts individually
- Assigning products to students
- Changing the default product settings
Launching the Setup Wizard
To launch the Setup Wizard:
- Log in to the Literacy and MyPath suite.
- If you have more than one product, click Setup Wizard on the Product Selection page. You can assign students to multiple products from a single screen in an upcoming step.
- If you have only 1 product, access the Setup Wizard in the Quick Start section of the educator portal.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard. For information about specific tasks, see the instructions below.
Adding staff accounts and assigning staff to groups
If you are an Administrator, you can import staff; Teachers do not have access to do so.
Staff member accounts automatically inherit the product access of the organization to which they are assigned.
To add staff accounts individually:
Click Add Staff Manually.
Imagine Galileo K-12–only users: Go to the Staff tab, then click Add.
- In the Create Staff page that opens, enter this information for each new staff account. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk(*):
Field Description First Name* Enter the staff member's first name. Last Name* Enter the staff member's last name. Account Type*
The account type determines which features a staff member can use. Choose one of these account types:
- Administrator: Can create and manage organizations and groups, as well as manage all student and staff accounts.
- Teacher: Can see only the groups and student accounts that are assigned to them. Teachers do not have permissions to create or manage organizations or other staff accounts.
Username (Email)* Enter the email address that the staff member will use to log in to the Imagine Learning Literacy and MyPath suite. Organizations* Choose the organization(s) that the staff account is associated with from the drop-down list. Groups
From the drop-down list, choose the group(s) or classes to which this user should be assigned. Administrators will automatically have access to all groups for their associated organization(s).
- To add another staff member account, click Add Another Staff Member. Otherwise, click Save Staff.
- Review the Staff Creation Summary, then click Done to finish.
Adding Student accounts and assigning students to groups
Students must be assigned to a school and group in order to access and use the products in the Imagine Learning Literacy and MyPath suite. If you are an Administrator, you must assign students to a school and group. If you are a Teacher, you must assign students to a group.
To add student accounts individually:
- Click Add Students Manually.
Imagine Galileo K-12–only users: In the Students tab, click Add.
Administrators only: Choose the applicable school and then click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- Use the radio button to select the applicable group.
If the group does not yet exist, click Create Group, enter the Name and Staff, and click Save.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Do one of the following:
To create brand-new students to add to this group: To add existing students to this group:
- Click Reactivate or Create Students.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Grade Level, Student ID, Alternate ID (optional), Username, and Password.
- Click Add Another Student to create additional student accounts.
- Click Save Students once you're finished adding student accounts.
- Review the Student Creation Summary that opens, then click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Select Choose from Active Students.
- Choose students by clicking the checkbox next to one or more student names. To select all students in the list, click the checkbox next to the Name column. You can also search for a student by first or last name.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Click Reactivate or Create Students.
Assigning products to students
Once you have created any new student accounts, you should assign product access to students for any Literacy and MyPath suite products that your organization (district or school) has purchased. Students must be assigned access to a product in order to log in and begin using that product.
To assign products to students:
- For each student account, click the checkbox for each product you wish to assign. To assign the same product to all the students in the list, click the checkbox in the applicable product's column header.
You will only see columns for products that your district or school has purchased.
- Click Next at the bottom of the screen.
Changing the default product settings
Once you assign product access to student accounts, you can review and change any default settings for each product. You may need to use the scroll bar to access all of the settings if your students are being assigned multiple products.
To change the default product settings:
Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español only: Change the Session Time (in minutes) for each student. The default is 20 minutes.
Students will be automatically logged out of the program when their session time ends, and if they want to continue using the program, they must log in again. If students use both products, the session time is the same for each.
All products: Check the box(es) if the student is an English Language Learner and/or has an Individual Education Plan (IEP). These are optional fields only for viewing purposes in the student's account. The default is No (unchecked) for both fields.
- The default is No (unchecked) for both fields.
Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español only: Choose the Language Support for each student.
Language Support is the audio language for the instructions of the activities that each student hears when they use the program. By default, the audio language for Imagine Language & Literacy is English and the audio language for Imagine Español is Spanish.
- Imagine Reading and Imagine Lectura only: Choose the Audio Support for each student.
Audio support provides students with the option to have specific passages or questions read aloud to them. By default, audio support is enabled.
MyPath Math, MyPath Reading, MyPath Science, and Imagine Purpose: Check the box if the student should be able to access the Language Translation Tools and Text-to-Speech. The default is No (unchecked) for each field.
MyPath Math and MyPath Science: Check the Spanish Language box if the student should receive the program in Spanish. The default is No (unchecked).
Imagine Galileo K-12 does not have default settings to review or modify.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Review the Product Assignment Summary. This shows which students have been assigned products and the default product settings you chose for each student.
- Click Done at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that your students can log in to their assigned products.
To request help resolving any errors or difficulties with the rostering process, contact Imagine Learning Product Support.