If you are a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator (any role equivalent to a teacher role), you can change the name of a class without affecting any other class settings or reports. For example, if you need to change a class name to stay in compliance with STEM guidelines, you can change it without affecting benchmarks, student progress, or other report data.
When you see Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, it means that your district uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage school administrator, educator, class, and student accounts within your district. To update information for these accounts, contact your district's IT staff since they have permissions to make account changes.
Before you begin
- Determine the new name for the class.
- If you change the class name, determine whether you need to reassign students or remove students from the class.
To change the class name
- Log in to the Math portal.
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools from the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under the Actions column.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms from the navigation pane.
- Locate the class that you want to rename, then click Edit Classroom.
- Edit the text in the Name of your class field to change the name of the class.
- Click Save.
You can now see the new class name in the Active Classes list.