Only District Administrators and School Administrators have the ability to bulk add teachers and classes.
This article explains how to add multiple teachers and classes in Imagine Math. (In this article, "teacher" encompasses all roles equivalent to an educator.) If adding only one or two teachers to an existing class, you may prefer to add them individually. Adding teachers and classes in bulk requires using a CSV file that contains specific information. You can create this file by downloading a template available from the Choose File page in the steps below, or create your own CSV file using the Self Managed Rostering: Math Educator import file specification as a guide. The import process uses the data in the CSV file to create the classes and add the teachers to them, for the selected school. If any class already exists in Imagine Math Facts, no new class is created; instead, the teacher is simply assigned to the existing class. When the upload finishes successfully, you can view and edit the newly added teacher accounts on the Educators for [school name] page.
When adding teachers and classes in bulk, the account holder does not received an automated email with their username and password, therefore, you'll need to provide them that information. Once they log in, they can change their password.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that if you see Managed by SIS, you check with your district's IT Staff, prior to adding a an educator's account.
- Review the Adding educators article, to determine if this is the method you should use for adding your teachers.
- Review (or print) the Self Managed Rostering: Math Educator import file specification article to use as your guide in entering teacher information into the CSV file.
- Make sure you have each educator's full name, email address password and assigned class, prior to starting the steps below.
To add teachers and their classes using a CSV file
- In the navigation pane, click Management > Educators.
- Click Import.
The image below is an example of the page a School Administrator sees.
- Under Upload a CSV, click Get Started.
- District Administrators ONLY -- Select the school you are adding teachers and classes to.
- Select Add Teachers and Classrooms as the import type, then click Next.
- Click Select File and load the CSV file containing your teachers and their classes, then click Next.
The information in your file is checked for issues. If any appear, you'll see a banner indicating the issue(s) and its corresponding row in the CSV file. You can edit the CSV file to correct the issue(s), and then select to upload the file again.
- If everything is correct, click Next.
If you notice any discrepancies, you can fix them by clicking Previous to start over.
As the uploaded file processes, the teachers and classes are added to the product (Imagine Math and/or Imagine Math Facts). Classes that already exist are not overwritten, instead, the teacher is simply added to the existing class.
When the process finishes, a complete page displays a summary of the add, and offers the option to start a new import, upload another CSV file or return to your dashboard.