If you are a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Teacher, you can delete one or more inactive student accounts from your school or class. Deleting a student account permanently removes it, along with all student performance and usage data associated with the student. District Administrators can delete any student account from any school; School Administrators can only delete student accounts from their school; Teachers can only delete student accounts from their class(es).
You can't delete an Imagine Math Facts student account if the student has logged in to Imagine Math Facts or completed at least 1 math item. Instead, you must deactivate the student account to remove them from the class. Deactivation preserves the student performance and usage data associated with the account. For districts with both Imagine Math and Imagine Math Facts, Imagine Math Grade 3+ student accounts can't be deleted if the students have logged in to Imagine Math or completed at least 1 math item, they too must be deactivated instead. Imagine Math PreK-2 student accounts can be deleted at any time, regardless of whether or not the students have logged in or completed work.
If a student is only assigned to one class, you can't delete their account, but you can deactivate it. If you need to move a student to another class, teacher, or school, you can move students between classes, teachers and schools, rather than deleting their account.
Deleting a student account permanently removes the account and erases the student's performance and usage data. Deleting a student account is a permanent action and cannot be reversed.
Before you begin
- If you are deleting Imagine Math Facts student accounts, make sure that those students have never logged in or completed any math items.
To delete inactive student accounts
- Log in to the Math portal.
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under Actions.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- Find your class and click Current Students.
- Click Inactive Students from the drop-down list to display the Inactive Students list.
- Check the box next to each student account that you want to delete, then click Delete Students.
- When prompted, click Delete Students in the confirmation message.
- When prompted, click Close.
- Click Inactive in the drop-down list to to verify that the students you deleted no longer appear in the list.