Students earn power-ups when they pass the main levels in multiplication and division math facts. If your student does not skip any levels through the pretest, they will earn power-ups in this order:
- Dungeon/Palace = Speed: allows the avatar to run faster.
- Machine = Force Field: prevents the avatar from sustaining damage for a limited amount of time.
- Lava = Teleport: skips the avatar to the next creature.
- Ruins = Invisibility: makes the avatar invisible for a limited amount of time
If the student skips any level through the pretest, they will earn all the skipped power-ups the next time they pass a level. For example: if the student skips the Dungeon and Machine levels, they will earn the Speed, Force Field, and Teleport power-ups when they complete the Lava level.
Students can activate the power-ups they've earned using these keys:
- Speed: press the S key or Left-Shift while moving forward.
- Force Field: activates automatically when your avatar sustains any damage (i.e. falling into lava).
- Teleport: press the T key.
- Invisibility: press the I key.