If you are a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator, you can create classes in Imagine Math Facts. When you create an Imagine Math Facts class, you can specify that students must pass an operation with a score of 90% or higher on the post-test before they can move on to the next operation. You can also customize the order in which students complete different operations. By default, the order of operations is: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
You can also enable or disable Friendly Mode. Friendly Mode is a game mode where most enemies won't attack the student's avatar if the student answers a question incorrectly, and if they do attack, the enemies won't cause any damage.
When you see Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, it means that your district uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage school administrator, educator, class, and student accounts within your district. In order to update these accounts, you need to contact your district's IT staff since they have permissions to make account changes.
Before you begin
- Check with your district to ensure that classes are not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
- Check with your Site Administrator or District Administrator to ensure that your school has already been created and configured in Imagine Math Facts.
- Check with your Site Administrator, District Administrator, or School Administrator to ensure that your staff account has already been created in Imagine Math Facts.
- Log in to the Math portal.
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under the Actions column.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- Click Create a Class.
- Enter a name for your class. If you have multiple classes, use names that easily identify each one. (For example, you can use a "subject - period" naming convention for class names, as in "Algebra 1 - 6th Period" or "Algebra 1 - Block 6.")
- Check the box for the Imagine Math Facts settings that you want to apply.
Setting Description Operation Ordering
Specifies that students must pass an operation with 90% or greater on the post-test before they can move on to the next operation, and the order in which students complete different operations. By default, the order of operations is: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
You can rearrange the operations in the order that you want students to complete them. To reorder the operations, click the left or right arrow to move an operation one position to the left or right.
Specifies whether or not to enable Friendly Mode. When Friendly Mode is enabled, most enemies won't attack the student's avatar if they answer a question incorrectly, and if they do attack, the enemies won't cause any damage.
- Click Save.
- Click Active Classes to find your new class in the Active Classes list.