This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Language & Literacy
- Imagine Español
- Imagine Reading
- Imagine Lectura
- Imagine Galileo K-12
- Imagine MyPath
In order for your students to use Imagine Learning products, they must have a student account. Administrators can add new accounts (or reactivate existing accounts) for any students, and Teachers can add new student accounts (or reactivate existing accounts) to their groups.
A student account is reactivated (unarchived) if the Student ID matches what was previously in the account. All other data fields remain the same if they match what was previously in that student's account. If they are different, the new data overrides the previous data. For example, if the student's name was Jonathan in the archived account and is Jon at the time of reactivation, the student's name will be listed as Jon from now on.
If your school uses a Student Information System (SIS) that syncs regularly with Imagine Learning, all new students should be added to the SIS and their information will be sent to Imagine Learning on the next file, thereby creating their account. You should only add students individually as outlined in this article if your school performs self-managed or one-time assisted rostering.
The most common use case for following the steps below is for new students who enter your class or school after initial rostering is complete.
When you add a student account manually, you'll need to enter the following information:
- School or organization
- Group(s) to which the student should be assigned
- First and last name
- Student ID
- Alternate ID (Optional)
- Grade level
To add new student accounts
- Log in to the Literacy and MyPath suite.
- Click Manage Students. MyPath users can instead follow the steps in Creating a student account in MyPath.
- Select Import Students to upload students via a spreadsheet or Add Students Manually to add or reactivate students one-by-one.
- If you selected Import Students, follow these directions in the Self-rostering Literacy and MyPath accounts through bulk import article.
If you selected Add Students Manually, follow these directions in the Self-rostering Literacy and MyPath accounts individually article.