If you're a District Administrator or School Administrator, you can invite educators (which includes School Administrators and Teachers) to set up their new account in Imagine Math. When you invite educators, Imagine Math sends an email to the educator's email address that you specify. After you send out invitations to your educators, they can click the link in the email to set up their account, which involves choosing a password and logging in.
Only District Administrators and School Administrators can invite educators to Imagine Math.
You can invite educators to Imagine Math in two ways: you can invite one school administrator or teacher at a time, or you can invite multiple teachers at once. When you invite a single school administrator or teacher, Imagine Math automatically creates an account for them in the school that you designate. When you invite multiple teachers, Imagine Math imports their teacher information, creates an account for each teacher, and automatically assigns the teacher to the class that you designate.
If your district is managed by a SIS (Student Information System) integration tool, Imagine Learning recommends that you invite one single school administrator at a time.
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have the correct email address for each educator you want to invite. When you invite an educator, Imagine Math creates an account for that educator based on that email address. Once an email address is used to create an account, it cannot be used again to make another account. If you need to send an additional invitation to an existing invitee, you'll need to enter a different email address in order to send the invitation.
- If you are inviting multiple teachers at once, prepare their teacher information so that you can import them into Imagine Math. Required teacher information includes first name, last name, email address, and class name.
- Log in to the Math portal.
- Click Invite Educators in the Quick Links section of your dashboard. You can also click Management > Educators from the navigation pane, then click Invite Educators.
- Enter the invitee's first name, last name, and email address.
- Select the School that you're inviting them to in the drop-down list. If you're a School Administrator, this automatically defaults to your school.
- Select the invitee's Educator Role in the drop-down list. Educator Roles can be Administrator or Teacher.
- Click Send Invite.
Once you've sent the invitation, you can send another invitation or view the Educators list.
- Log in to the Math portal.
- Click Invite Educators in the Quick Links section of your dashboard. You can also click Management > Educators in the navigation pane, then click Invite Educators.
- Click Manually Bulk Invite Teachers.
- Select the School that you're inviting teachers to in the drop-down list. If you're a School Administrator, this automatically defaults to your school.
- Enter the information for each teacher that you want to invite on a single line, separated by a comma and a space. Each line must include the teacher's first name, last name, email address, and class name, in that exact order. For example:
Peter, Green, email@example.com, Algebra 2
Robert, Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org, Geometry Basics
Samuel, Jennings, email@example.com, Common Core Basics
Catlin, Maning, firstname.lastname@example.org, Basic Math
- Click Preview Import to see how your teacher information will be imported so you can send invitations to them. Verify that the correct information for each teacher appears in the correct column.
- Click Import Teachers.
If any teachers are not successfully imported, the banner reports which teachers were not imported and why. Once your teacher information has been successfully imported, Imagine Math sends an email invitation to each teacher that you've imported.
- To verify that your teachers have been successfully imported, click Management > Educators in the navigation pane and then search for the teachers that you just imported.