If you're a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Teacher (which includes any role equivalent to a teacher), you can make quick edits to student account information for any students within your jurisdiction. You can edit the first name, last name, username, password, or student ID for any student on your list. If you need to edit a student's grade level, support language, active status, whether they are an ELL or have an IEP, you'll need to edit the student's account to make those changes.
If you change a student's username and password, it does not affect reporting data.
When you see Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, it means that your district uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage school administrator, educator, class, and student accounts within your district. To update information for these accounts, contact your district's IT staff since they have permissions to make account changes.
Before you begin:
- Check with your district's IT staff to make sure that your class is not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
To quickly edit student names, usernames, passwords, or IDs
- Log in to the Math portal.
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school and click Classes under the Actions column.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- Find your class and click Quick Edit Students.
- To edit a student's information, click the information that you want to change to select it.
- Double-click on the text, type your changes in the field, then click OK.