Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español both provide first-language audio support as part of your students' experience. First-language audio support provides audio translations in the students' first (or native) language instead of English. When you set the audio language support for a student to their first language, students will hear instructions, direct vocabulary translations, new sounds instruction, and instructional feedback in that language. (For more information about audio language support, see Language support in Imagine Language & Literacy.)
Administrators can change the audio language support for any student, and Teachers can change the audio language support for any student assigned to them. You can edit individual student accounts to set their audio language support. You can also set audio language support for your students when you add student accounts or if you use self-managed rostering to roster your students.
By default, the audio support language assigned to students who are using Imagine Español is Spanish (although you can change it to English).
Before you begin
- Make sure that the students you want to set language support for have been assigned product access for Imagine Language & Literacy or Imagine Español. You can't set language support for a product that a student doesn't have assigned access to.
To set audio language support for a student
- Log in to the Literacy Suite. If this is your first time logging in, click Imagine Language & Literacy.
- Click Manage Students under the Manage heading.
- Search, filter, or page to find the student that you want to edit.
- Click Edit () next to the student that you want to set language support for.
- In the Product Settings section, choose the audio language from the Language Support: Language & Literacy drop-down list. You can choose from these supported languages:
Audio Support Languages
- Click Save.