Educators can create playlists of activities for students to practice or for activities they want to show during whole-class or small-group instruction. A playlist is a group of activities that you can assign to a student, or group of students, to play through. Administrators and Educators can create playlists for students or groups that are assigned to them. They can also search for activities to add to a playlist using the Activity Explorer.
Students can only be assigned one playlist at a time. Assigning an additional playlist before the student begins working on the first will overwrite the previous playlist assignment. Once a playlist is assigned, the playlist cannot be edited.
After a playlist has been assigned to a student, they will begin working on it as soon as they finish their current activity. Playlists can contain a maximum of 12 activities. After completing the 12th activity students return to their normal activity sequence.
Reporting Data for Playlists
Educators can view when a playlist is assigned, in progress, or completed in the Playlist Manager. When a student is playing through an assigned playlist, usage data is counted. While scoring data is not displayed for activities played in a playlist, student artifacts such as recordings and written responses are available for teachers to view in the Portfolio.
Are there limitations to the playlist?
- There is no limit to the number of playlists a teacher may create. However, students may only be assigned one playlist at a time with a maximum of twelve activities per playlist. Playlists cannot be shared between teachers.
- If students are assigned to a playlist or have completed a playlist, the playlist can no longer be edited nor deleted.
Can I assign playlists from the Action Area Tools?
- Action Areas is independent from Playlist and is a tool that can be used for small group instruction.
Are all browsers supported with the new Activity Explorer?
- The Activity Explorer is only compatible with Chrome and Edge and is not yet available to mobile users.
What curriculum components can be assigned through Playlist?
- These topics are not available for assignment via Playlist: Academic Vocabulary, Decodable Words, and Reading Vocabulary.
Does Imagine Español have access to the new Activity Explorer and Playlist?
- No, currently Activity Explorer/Playlist is only available for Imagine Language & Literacy at this time.
I am an administrator, how do I gain access to class playlists?
- Administrators only have access to create or edit playlists if they are assigned to the group(s) they are trying to edit.
Can a student be assigned the same Playlist more than once?
- Yes they can.