Administrators and Teachers can create a new activity playlist from the Activity Explorer for students in any group to which they are assigned. A playlist is a customized set of activities that you can create and assign to one or more students for extra practice or intervention. You can also create a playlist of Imagine Learning-recommended activities from the Action Areas Tool.
If are an Administrator, you must be assigned to a group before you can create playlists for students in that group.
To create a playlist from the Activity Explorer:
- Log in to Imagine Language & Literacy.
- Select My Playlists from the Activity Explorer drop-down menu.
- Click New Playlist.
- Type a name for your playlist, then click Save.
- Click on the name of your new playlist from the My Playlists list to add activities to it.
- Click Add Activities.
- Find the activities that you want to add to your playlist using the search box or by clicking different skill area tiles.
You can't assign activities from the Academic Vocabulary, Decodable Words, and Reading Vocabulary skill areas to a playlist. You can access them from Lesson Explorer within the Teacher Resources.
- Click the applicable tile to view the activities available for that topic.
- Click the + sign and then choose your new playlist from the list of playlists. Repeat this step for each activity that you want to add. You can add up to 12 activities to a playlist.
You will receive a confirmation message that the activity was added to the playlist.
- When you are ready to assign your playlist to students, follow these instructions. The playlist will be automatically delivered to students once they complete any activity or Benchmark assessment that may currently be in progress. If no prior work is in progress, students will begin the playlist activities immediately.