At the beginning of a new school year or when you first start using the Imagine Learning Literacy Suite (Imagine Language & Literacy, Imagine Español, Imagine Reading, or Imagine Assessment: Galileo), you'll need to create staff and student accounts, assign student accounts to groups, and assign product access to students for the products that you want them to log in to.
You can create accounts and groups in bulk by importing roster data into the Imagine Learning Literacy Suite or you can create accounts and groups individually. Student and Staff Management shows you how to create staff or student accounts and groups (in bulk or individually), assign product access, and update any default product settings. If you have already created your staff or student accounts, you can use Student and Staff Management to assign existing student accounts to a group or change their product access.
If you are an Administrator, you can use Student and Staff Management to create staff and student accounts; if you are a Teacher, you can create student accounts. Both Administrators and Teachers can create or import new accounts or groups, assign students to groups, and assign product access to students.
Student and Staff Management walks you through these tasks:
Launching Student and Staff Management
To launch Student and Staff Management
- Click Setup > Student and Account Management in the navigation bar.
Adding Staff accounts individually
To add staff accounts individually
- Choose Staff from the navigation bar.
- Choose Add.
- Enter this information for each new staff account:
Field Description First Name Enter the staff member's first name. Last Name Enter the staff member's last name. Account Type
Choose the account type for this staff account. The account type determines which features a staff member can use. Choose one of these account types:
- Administrator: Allows you to create and manage organizations and groups, as well as manage all student and staff accounts. If you are an Administrator, you can change your role at any time.
- Teacher: Allows you to see only the groups and student accounts that are assigned to you. Teachers do not have permissions to create or manage organizations or other staff accounts.
Username (Email) Enter the email address that the staff member will use to log in to the Imagine Learning Literacy Suite. Organizations Choose the organization(s) that the staff account is associated with from the drop-down list. Click the X by the organization name to remove the staff member from an organization. Groups
Choose the group(s) or classes that this staff account is assigned to or associated with from the drop-down list. Click the X by the group name to remove the staff member from a group.
- To add another staff member account, click Add Another Staff Member.
- Click Save Staff.
- Review the Staff Creation Summary, then click Done to finish.
Adding Student accounts individually
Students must be assigned to a school and group in order to access and use Imagine Learning Literacy products (Imagine Language & Literacy, Imagine Español, Imagine Reading, or Imagine Assessment: Galileo). If you are an Administrator, you must assign students to a school and group. If you are a Teacher, you must assign students to a group.
To add student accounts individually
- Choose Students from the navigation bar.
- Choose Add.
- Choose Add Students Manually to create new student accounts.
- Choose the group that you want to assign students to by clicking the radio button next to the name of the group. You can also search for a group.
- If the group that you want to assign your students to is not displayed in the list, click Create Group.
- Enter your group name in the Group Name field, then click Save.
- Click Next.
- Click Create Students to create new student accounts to add to your group, or Choose Students to assign existing student accounts to your group.
If you click Create Students If you click Choose Students
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Grade Level, Student ID, Alternate ID (optional), Username, and Password.
- Click Add Another Student to create additional student accounts.
- Click Save Students once you're finished adding student accounts.
- Review the Student Creation Summary, then click Next. Click Back if you need to create more student accounts.
- Assign product access to the student accounts that you created.
- Choose students by clicking the checkbox next to one or more student names. To select all students in the list, click the checkbox next to the Name column.
- You can also search for a student by first or last name.
- Click Next.
- Assign product access to the students accounts in your group.
Assigning products to students
Once you have created any new staff or student accounts and assigned them to a group, you can assign product access to students for any Literacy Suite products that your organization (district or school) has purchased. Once you have assigned product access to students, they can log into that product and begin using it.
Staff member accounts automatically inherit the product access of the organization they are assigned to.
To assign products to students
- For each student account, click the checkbox for each product that you want to assign to that student.
To assign the same product access to all the students in the list, click the checkbox at the top of the column, next to the name of the product. (For example, to assign all students access to Imagine Language & Literacy, click the checkbox at the top of the column, next to the Imagine Language & Literacy column name.)
If you assigned access to Imagine Language & Literacy or Imagine Español for any students, you can review the default product settings.
- Click Next.
Changing the default product settings
Once you assign product access to student accounts, you can review and update any default settings for that product. Default settings include the language support that students receive while they use the Imagine Learning Literacy products and the desired student session time.
To change the default product settings
- Change the Session Time (in minutes) for the Literacy Suite product assigned to each student.
You can assign session times for Imagine Language & Literacy and Imagine Español. Session time is the minimum amount of time (in minutes) that students are assigned to use Literacy products during a single session.
- Choose the Language Support for each student.
Language Support is the audio language that each student hears when they use Imagine Language & Literacy or Imagine Español. By default, the audio language for Imagine Language & Literacy is English and the audio language for Imagine Español is Spanish.
Imagine Reading or Imagine Assessment: Galileo do not have default settings to review or modify.
- Review the Product Assignment Summary. This shows which students have been assigned products and the default product settings you chose for each student.
- Click Done.
- Verify that your students can log in to the products that you granted them access to.