If you are an Administrator, you can configure NWEA and Imagine Language & Literacy to use NWEA MAP assessment data to place students in Imagine Language & Literacy.
To use NWEA MAP with Imagine Language & Literacy
- Contact your Imagine Learning Area Partnership Manager or Customer Success Manager about partnering with NWEA. To using NWEA Map with Imagine Language & Literacy, you must choose an automated rostering method such as OneRoster, ClassLink, Clever, or another method using an SFTP connection.
- Roster your students with NWEA, using the same Student IDs that you’ll use in Imagine Language & Literacy. If your students are already rostered with NWEA, go to Step 3.
- Log in to NWEA as a District Assessment Coordinator to configure NWEA to share data with Imagine Learning.
See Sharing MAP Growth Data with Imagine Learning for instructions on how to configure NWEA to share data with Imagine Learning.
- Allow at least 1 day for NWEA to share your data with Imagine Learning.
- Work with the Imagine Learning Experience Operations team to start an automated rostering sync for students in Imagine Language & Literacy.
When you share your roster data with Imagine Learning, verify that your Student IDs and First/Last Names match what was rostered with NWEA. The Student ID may be the State ID, District ID, or other ID, but it must match what was rostered with NWEA.
- Administer the NWEA MAP Assessment to your students.
If your students start Imagine Language & Literacy before they have taken the MAP Assessment, Imagine Learning will use your students’ previous MAP score (as far back as last semester) to place them in Imagine Language & Literacy.
If a student does not take the MAP Assessment, they will receive a short diagnostic when they start Imagine Language & Literacy to refine their placement.
- Allow at least 1 day for your student scores to sync between Imagine Learning and NWEA.
- Students can start using Imagine Language & Literacy and will be placed based on their most recent MAP score.
NWEA™ and MAP® are registered trademarks, and MAP Growth, MAP Skills, and MAP Reading Fluency are trademarks of NWEA in the United States and other countries.