When you find the message Managed by SIS next to accounts or classes, this means your district uses a Student Information System integration tool to manage educator (teacher and administrator) accounts within your district. In order to add or update educator account information, you'll need to first contact your district's IT Staff to find out what can be manually edited.
As a District Administrator you can view and edit all Educator accounts for all schools in your district, while School Administrators can only view and edit Teacher accounts in their specific schools, they also are not able to edit the account of another School Administrator in the same school. When editing, you can change an educator's email address, first and last name, or change their password.
Before you begin
- Check with your district to ensure that educator accounts are not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
To view or edit an Educator account
- From the navigation pane, click Management > Educators.
The Educators for [district or school name] page opens.
- (Optional) To narrow the scope of the list, choose a specific role from the Role drop-down.
- (Optional) To find an educator whose account is inactive, choose Inactive from the Active drop-down, to switch to the Inactive panel.
- To edit an Educator's email address, name, or password, click Edit under the Action column.
The Profile page for the selected Educator opens.
- Make your changes and click the appropriate Save. The Profile page displays an Updated banner.
For more information, see Adding Educators.