Only District Administrators and School Administrators have the ability to add bulk add teachers and classes.
This article explains how a District Administrator or School Administrator can add accounts for Teachers (which encompasses all roles equivalent to a teacher role) and the classes they are assigned to, all at one time. This method requires using a CSV file that you must first create from a downloadable template. In the template you supply basically the same information as with the individual method, though you also include the class that each teacher will be assigned to. You can then import that file, which in turn adds the teachers to the school. If any class listed in the bulk import CSV file already exists, the teacher is simply assigned to it; if the class does not yet exist, the Bulk method creates the class account and then assigns the teacher to it. When the upload finishes successfully, you can view and edit the newly added teacher accounts on the Educators for [school name] page.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that if you see Managed by SIS, you check with your district's IT Staff, prior to adding a an educator's account.
- Review the Adding Educators article, to determine if this is the method you should use for adding your teachers.
- Download (or print) the Student and Teacher Import: File Specifications PDF file to use as your guide in entering teacher information into the CSV file.
- Make sure you have each educator's full name, email address password and assigned class, prior to starting the steps below.
To add teachers and their classes using a CSV file
- In the navigation pane, click Management > Educators.
The Educators for [your district or school] page opens. The image below is an example of a page that opens for a school administrator
This page displays all the current educators with accounts at this school.
- Click Import.
The Let's Get Started page opens.
- Under Upload a CSV, click Get Started.
A What Can I Do With This Import? page opens.
- District Administrator ONLY -- Select the school you are adding teachers and classes to.
- Select Add Teachers and Classrooms as the import type.
- Click Next.
The Upload File page opens.
- Click Select File and load the CSV file containing your teachers and their classes.
The information in your file is checked for issues. If any appear, you'll see a banner indicating issue(s) and the line(s) its corresponding row in the CSV file. You can edit the CSV file to correct the inssue(s), and then select to upload the file again.
- Click Next to start the upload.
As the uploaded file processes, the teachers and classes are added to Imagine Math. Classes that already exists are not be overwritten, instead, the teacher is simply be to the existing class. When the upload completes, the Confirmation page opens.
- If everything is correct, click Next.
If you notice any discrepancies, you can fix them by clicking Previous to start over.
The Complete page opens.
The complete page displays a summary of the add, and offers the option to start a new import, upload another CSV file or return to your dashboard.
The above method will not send the account holder an automated email; you will need to provide them with their usernames and passwords in order for them to log in. Once they login, the educators can update their passwords.
For more information, see Adding Educators (Administrators).