At the beginning of a new school year or when you first start using the Imagine Learning Math Suite (Imagine Math PreK-2, Imagine Math Grade 3+, or Imagine Math Facts), you'll need to create educator and student accounts and classrooms so that your educators and students can log into the Math Suite.
You can create accounts and classrooms individually in the Imagine Learning Math Suite or you can create accounts and classrooms through bulk import. The Import Wizard guides you through creating educator or student accounts and classrooms. After you have created your educator or student accounts and classrooms, you can also use the Import Wizard to update any existing accounts or classrooms.
If you are a District Administrator or School Administrator, you can use the Import Wizard to create educator and student accounts; if you are a Teacher, you can only create student accounts.
The Import Wizard walks you through these steps:
Adding educator accounts individually
To add educator accounts individually
- Choose Educators in the left navigation pane.
- Click Import.
- In the "Go Step-by-Step" section, click Get Started.
- Enter this information for each new staff account:
Field Description First Name Enter the staff member's first name. Last Name Enter the staff member's last name. Account Type
Choose the account type for this staff account. The account type determines which features a staff member can use. Choose one of these account types:
- Administrator: Allows you to create and manage organizations and groups, as well as manage all student and staff accounts. If you are an Administrator, you can change your role at any time.
- Teacher: Allows you to see only the groups and student accounts that are assigned to you. Teachers do not have permissions to create or manage organizations or other staff accounts.
Username (Email) Enter the email address that the staff member will use to log in to the Imagine Learning Literacy Suite. Organizations Choose the organization(s) that the staff account is associated with from the drop-down list. Click the X by the organization name to remove the staff member from an organization. Groups
Choose the group(s) or classes that this staff account is assigned to or associated with from the drop-down list. Click the X by the group name to remove the staff member from a group.
- To add another staff member account, click Add Another Staff Member.
- Click Save Staff.
- Review the Staff Creation Summary, then click Done to finish.
Adding student accounts individually
To add student accounts individually
- Choose Students in the left navigation pane.
- Click Add Students.
- Under the "Go Step-by-Step" section, click Get Started.
- Click a classroom from the list or click Add Classroom to create a new on
- Enter the name of the classroom then click Create Classroom.
- Click Add New Students to create new student accounts to your classroom or Add Existing Students to add existing student accounts to your classroom.
If you click Add New Students If you click Add Existing Students
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Student Information Number (SIN), Grade, and Environment.
- Once you're finished adding student accounts, click Finished Adding Students.
- Decide how you want to create usernames and passwords for these new student accounts.
- Decide if you want to set demographic information for these new student accounts.
- Enter or paste Student Information Numbers (SINS) separated by commas or line breaks into the Enter Student Information Numbers (SINs) field, then click Search to find existing students.
- Click the checkbox next to the names of the students that you want to add to your classroom, then click Add Selected Students.
Creating usernames and passwords for new student accounts
To create usernames and passwords for new student accounts
- Click No, Keep Defaults to create default usernames and passwords for these new student accounts, or click Yes, Create My Own to create custom usernames and passwords for each student account.
Setting demographic information for new student accounts
As you create student accounts, you can set optional demographic information for each student. Optional demographic information includes:
- Whether or not the student has an IEP
- Whether or not the student is an English Language Learner (ELL)
- What support language should be used to provide audio instructions and glossary definitions in Imagine Math.
To set demographic information for new student accounts
- Click No, Not Now or Yes, Set Demographic Info to define optional demographic information for these students.