Only District Administrators and School Administrators have the ability to add school administrators and teachers to a school.
This article explains how you can add an educator account for a school administrator or teacher (which encompasses all roles equivalent to a teacher role) to Imagine Math and set their login passwords. If adding a school administrator, your only option is to add them individually. If adding teachers however, you can either add each one individually using this method, or use the bulk import to add many or all teachers along with their assigned classes, all at once. If you would like to add each teachers class at the same time as their account, you'll need to use the bulk import method. Note that after adding a teacher's account using this method, you'll have to assign their class to them. While adding an educator individually, you are asked to provide their first and last name, email address and a password. Note that as a School Administrator, you have the ability to add another school administrator, but you do not have the ability to edit or deactivate their account.
Before you begin:
- Make sure that if you see Managed by SIS, you check with your district's IT Staff, prior to adding a an educator's account.
- Review the Adding Educators article, to determine if this is the method you should use for adding your educator.
- Make sure you have the educator's full name, email address and a password for them, prior to starting the steps below.
To an an educator individually
- Open the Educators for [school name] page.
District Administrator -- On your dashboard, locate the Quick Links block, click View Schools, locate the school and click Educators under Actions.
School Administrator -- In the navigation pane, click Management > Educators.
This page displays all the current educators with accounts at this school.
- Click Add School Admin or Add Teacher, depending on which type of account you want to add.
The Create an [Admin or Teacher] page opens.
- Enter the First and Last names, Email address, a Password and retype the password to Confirm it.
- Click Save.
You are returned to the Educators for [school name] page where you can scroll or search to find the educator you just added.
As a School Administrator, while you have the ability to add another school administrator, you do not have the ability to edit or deactivate their account.
The above method will not send the account holder an automated email; you will need to provide them with their usernames and passwords in order for them to log in. Once they login, the educator can Update Password.
For more information, see Adding Educators (Administrators).