If you're a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator (which includes any role equivalent to a Teacher), you can make quick edits to the first name, last name, username, password, or student ID number for one or more students. If you change a student's username and password, it does not affect student reporting. If you need to make a change to a student's grade level, support language, active status, ELL or IEP, you'll need to edit the student's account to make those changes.
When Managed by SIS is found next to accounts or classes, it means your district uses a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool to manage school administrator, educator, class and student accounts within your district. In order to update information for these accounts, you need to contact your district's IT Staff to complete certain actions, as they own those specific rights.
Before you begin:
- Check with your district IT Staff to ensure that classes are not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
To quickly edit student names, usernames, passwords, or IDs
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, locate the school and click Classes under the Actions column.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- Locate the class and click Quick Edit Students.
The image below is an example of the Classes page a district or school administrator would see. Educators only see the classes they are assigned to.
- To edit a student's information, click the cell to select it for editing.
- Double-click on the current text, type your change in the field, then click OK.