As a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator, you can restrict when students can design their avatars and purchase accessories in the Avatar Builder. When you restrict avatar building and accessory purchases, you choose which class you want to apply these restrictions to and which days and times to restrict access. During the days and times that you specify, students from this class will not be able to access their avatars or purchase accessories, regardless of which class they are attending during that time frame. To change other Grade 3+ settings, see Changing class settings for Grade 3+ students.
You can only restrict avatar building and accessory purchases for a class, and these restrictions affect all students in the class. If any of your students are assigned to other classes, they will be restricted from building their avatar and purchasing accessories during the day(s) and time(s) you specify for those classes as well. Use caution when setting these restrictions if any students in your class are assigned to other classes.
Before you begin:
- Check to see if any students in your class are assigned to other classes, and consider how your restrictions will affect them.
To restrict avatar and accessory purchases
- Log in to the Math portal.
- If you are a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under the Actions column.
If you are a School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- Locate the class that you want to restrict avatar building and accessory purchases for, then click Edit Classroom.
- Set the days and times when you want to restrict avatar building and accessory purchases. Check Restrict Access for each day of the week that you want to restrict avatar building and accessory purchases. Chose the Start Time and End Time (hour, minute, and AM or PM) for each day that you want to restrict access, then click Save.
- If you want, click Edit Classroom again to verify that your avatar building and accessory purchase settings match the day(s) and time(s) that you want to restrict access.