As a District Administrator, School Administrator, or Educator, you can restrict when students are able to design their avatars and purchase accessories in the Avatar Builder. Setting restrictions involves determining which days and times to restrict, and then setting those parameters for the class.
Restrictions can be set only at the class level, and affect all students in the class. If any of your students are assigned to other classes, know that they will be restricted in those classes as well, during the day(s) and times you set. Therefore, please use caution when setting restrictions.
Before you begin:
- Check to see if any students in your class are assigned to other classes, and consider how your restrictions will affect them in those classes.
To restrict avatar and accessory purchases
- Find the class that you want to restrict avatar and accessory purchases for.
- If you're a District Administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under the Actions column.
- School Administrator or Educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
The Classes page opens.
- Locate the class in which you need to change the settings and click Edit Classroom.
The Editing [class name] page opens.
This table provides more details on each setting.
Setting Description Restrict Access Allows you to select the day(s) of the week you want to restrict student use of the Avatar Builder. Start Time Allows you to select the time to begin restricting students on the selected day. Click on hour, minute and AM or PM to select the settings. End Time Allows you to select the time to end restricting students on the selected day. Click on hour, minute and AM or PM to select the settings.
- Check Restrict Access for each day you want to restrict.
- Select the Start Time and End Time for each day.
- Click Save.
Your selections are saved and you are returned to the Classes page. During the days and times that you have specified, students from this class will not be able to purchase avatars and accessories, regardless of what class they are attending during those days and hours. You can review the Restriction Summary by editing the classroom again, to verify that your settings match with the day(s) and time(s) you want to restrict access.